Recommandés :

- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Exercice mixte /12

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Exercice mixte /12
Message de here4u posté le 15-08-2014 à 17:34:01 (S | E | F)
Hello everyone !
Everything's OK ? I hope so ...

Three sorts of sentences this time :
- Pure grammar translation (thème)
- Use the word or phrase given to build a new sentence which has the same meaning ...
- I start a sentence and you should finish it ... You may be as original and funny as you like, of course !

Disons que je suis très gentille (ou lenient ) aujourd'hui : C'est un petit ... Pas de pièges, ni d'exceptions ...'Pour la peine', je vous ai mis 12 phrases ! Correction pour le 25/08

1) They didn’t take the bus, they walked to the station …(instead)
2) She no longer has servants living in her house. (used)
3) ‘Did you understand the instructions ? You must be here tomorrow morning at ten !’(Sue asked me ... )
4) End sentences 4,5 and 6 : My friend would have helped you if …
5) Would I be able to read a newspaper before + Subject + verb
6) I won't accept to believe what I read until …
7) Depuis que j’y suis allée en vacances, j’ai pris l’habitude de prendre du poisson, des œufs et des fruits pour le petit déjeuner ? C’est devenu mon repas principal !
8) Tu aurais dû venir hier soir ; Tu aurais pu voir mon amie qui n’était là que pour une journée.
9) Où est né ton père ? Mon père et ma mère sont tous deux nés à Paris et mon père a le même âge que toi !
10)Finalement, avez-vous pu traduire le certificat du médecin ? Pourquoi ne l’a-t-il pas écrit en anglais ?
11)'Vous faites de moins en moins de fautes !' 'Je n'en suis pas sûre ! J’aimerais que cela soit vrai !'
12)Ils ne nous entendent pas sonner ! Ils doivent se reposer dans le jardin !

N'hésitez pas à poster et à éditer ... Bon courage !

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de maxwell, postée le 16-08-2014 à 13:14:24 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and thanks for this nice exercise . I hope I did it right this time with this beloved reported speech

They walked to the station instead of taking the bus.
She used to have servants living in her house.
3) ‘Did you understand the instructions ? You must be here tomorrow morning at ten !’(Sue asked me ... )
Sue asked me whether I had understood the instructions, and reminded me that I was (or : had) to be there the following morning at ten.
My friend would have helped you if you had asked him with more kindness. But I guess that's too much to ask for from you.
5) Would I be able to read a newspaper before + verb
Would I be able to read a newspaper before I started my working day, having to arrive at the office by 8:30 am, if we moved there?
I won't accept to believe what I read until I've been provided with a convincing explanation.
7) Depuis que j’y suis allée en vacances, j’ai pris l’habitude de prendre du poisson, des œufs et des fruits pour le petit déjeuner ? C’est devenu mon repas principal !
7.1 I've got used to having fish, eggs and fruits for breakfast ever since I went there on holiday. It has become my main meal
7.2 I've been having fish, eggs and fruits for breakfast since I went there on holiday. It has become my most important meal of the day.
8) Tu aurais dû venir hier soir ; Tu aurais pu voir mon amie qui n’était là que pour une journée.
You should have come over yesterday night : you could have met my friend who was only staying there for one day
9) Où est né ton père ? Mon père et ma mère sont tous deux nés à Paris et mon père a le même âge que toi !
Where was your father born ? My father and my mother were both born in Paris, and my father is as old as you are !
10)Finalement, avez-vous pu traduire le certificat du médecin ? Pourquoi ne l’a-t-il pas écrit en anglais ?
Did you eventually manage to translate the doctor's certificate ? Why didn't he write it in english ?
11)'Vous faites de moins en moins de fautes !' 'Je n'en suis pas sûre ! J’aimerais que cela soit vrai !'
"You're making fewer and fewer mistakes !" I'm not so sure about that ! I wish it were true !
They can't hear us ringing ! They must be resting in the garden !

-------------------
Modifié par maxwell le 22-08-2014 09:49

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de here4u, postée le 16-08-2014 à 14:20:04 (S | E)
Oh Maxwell ! Hello !

You're so quick and so good ! No wonder you're so good as each time I log in, I can see you working and working again !
Congrats ! Thanks to you, I realised I had forgotten a detail ...

In sentence 5, I'm not going to let you all get away with it so easily, and would like a verb, + its subject .... (not an -ing form ...). No, I'm not mean to you ... just demanding !
Thank you Maxwell for enabling me to correct so quickly ! and don't worry, I'll defend you if the others are going for you !

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de emyliestar97, postée le 16-08-2014 à 16:07:14 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
I hope all is good for you for another special exercise hi Maxwell, you're always the first! go on

They walked to the station instead of taking the bus...

Sue asked me if I had inderstood the instructions and she told me that I had to be there the following morning at ten.

My friend would have helped you if you had told her the truth since the beggining.

Would I be able to read a newspaper before my annoying brother comes back from school?

I won't accept to believe what I read until I see this with my own eyes! Aliens in our city? that's incredible!

Since I went on vacation, I have got used to have fish, eggs and fruit for breakfast. It has become my main meal!

You should have come last night; You could have seen my friend who was there for one day only.

Where was your father born? My father and mother were both born in Paris and my father is the same age as you!

Finally, could you translate the doctor's certificate? Why didn't he write it in English?

'You make fewer and fewer mistakes!' 'I'm not sure! I would like this to be true! '

They don't hear us ringing! They must be taking a rest in the garden!

I've done this exercise even though I am so ill

-------------------
Modifié par emyliestar97 le 21-08-2014 17:58

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de maxwell, postée le 16-08-2014 à 18:57:23 (S | E)
Good thinking here4u, I did have an hesitation there

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de bibi62, postée le 17-08-2014 à 22:59:11 (S | E)
Hello Here4you.
I'm very happy to hear from you .I'm so excited to do this other exercise.
Here is my try.

1.They walked to the station instead of taking the bus.
2.She used to have servants living in her home but now she hasn't.
3.Sue asked me if I had understood that I had to be there the day after at ten.
4.My friend would have helped you if you had paid him.
5.Would I be able to read a newspaper before I had studied English?
6.I won't accept to believe what I read until I see it!
7.I'm used to eating fish,eggs and fruits for breakfast since I went there on holiday.It's getting my main meal !
8.You should have come yesterday night;You could have met my friend who was there just for one day(or...who was there for one day only).
9.Where was your father born?My father and my mother were both born in Paris and my father and you are the same age.
10.Have you finally been able to translate the medical certificate?Why didn't he write it in English?
11.You are making fewer and fewer mistakes.I'm not sure about that.I would like that to be true.(or...If only it was true).
12.They don't hear us ringing.They are probably resting in the garden.(or...They really must rest in the garden).

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de kazan, postée le 19-08-2014 à 07:25:16 (S | E)
Hello

I like these open-ended sentences! It allows us to add little touches of craziness here and there.

-->They walked to the station instead of taking the bus

-->she used to have servants living in her house

-->Sue asked me if I understood the instructions and told me I had to be there the following morning at ten.

--> My friend would have helped you if you hadn't made fun of his dreadlocks in the first place. He's completely mad at you now, you know.

--> Would I be able to read a newspaper before she talks about what happened last night- my returning back home at 2 in the morning after celebrating the victory of Manchester against Arsenal- that would be much of a surprise.

--> I won't accept to believe what I read until I see it with my very own eyes.

→ Since I went on holidays, I’ve gotten used to have fish, eggs and fruit for breakfast!
It’s even become my main meal.

→ You should have come yesterday night- You could have seen my friend who was here only for a day.

→ Where was your father born? My father and my mother were both born in Paris and my father is the same age as you!

--> Have you eventually succeeded in translating the doctor’s certificate? Why hasn’t he written it in English?

→ you’re making less and less mistakes! I’m not sure! I wished it was true!

→ They can’t hear us ringing! They must be resting in the backyard

-------------------
Modifié par kazan le 19-08-2014 07:26

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de jo06, postée le 19-08-2014 à 15:19:18 (S | E)
Hello here4u,
I'm doing it in a hurry, we are going on holiday on Thursday Hope not to be too bad.
This is my try:
1) They walked to the station instead of taking the bus.
2) She used to have servants living in her house.
3) She asked me whether I had understood her instructions and ordered me to be there the day after at ten in the morning.
4) My friend would have helped you if you were less strict (or if you had a more friendly attitude to him).
5) Would I be able to read a newspaper before we sat down at the table.
6) I would accept to believe what I read until it is upheld in person.
7) Since I went there for holiday I have got used to having fish, eggs, and fruits for breakfast.It has become my first meal.
8) You should have come last night and seen my friend who was only here for one day.
9) Where is born your father? My father and my mother are both born in Paris and my father is as old as you (or has the same age as your)
10) In the end, could you translate the doctor's certificate? Why didn't he write it in English?
11) you are making fewer and fewer mistakes! I'm not so sure! I would like it was true!
12) They don't hear us (or can't hear us) ringing! They might be resting in the garden! (or might have a rest).

I wish all of you a very funny and sunny week.
And to Here4u,thank you so much.

-------------------
Modifié par jo06 le 19-08-2014 15:36

-------------------
Modifié par jo06 le 20-08-2014 09:26

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de here4u, postée le 19-08-2014 à 18:04:23 (S | E)
Lucky Jo ! It's great to go on holiday when everyone 's back ! Enjoy !

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de here4u, postée le 19-08-2014 à 18:06:44 (S | E)
Hello kazan ! Great !Don't forget that I LOVE craziness !

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de here4u, postée le 19-08-2014 à 18:11:32 (S | E)
Hello emylistar ! I do hope you're feeling better especially as it is your ..... B I R T H D A Y today !

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de notrepere, postée le 19-08-2014 à 20:08:23 (S | E)
Hello

1) They walked to the station instead of taking the bus.
2) She used to have servants living in her house.
3) Sue asked me if I understood the instructions and told me I had to be there the following morning by ten.
4) My friend would have helped you if you hadn't been such a jerk.
5) Would I be able to read a newspaper before you have finished cooking dinner?
6) I won't believe what I read until I've verified it for myself.
7) Since being on holiday (vacation ), I've become accustomed to having fish, eggs and fruit for breakfast. It has become my main meal (of the day).
8) Should you have come last night, you would have seen my friend who was here for just one day.
9) Where was your father born? My father and mother were both born in Paris and my father is the same age as you!
10) Were you able to translate the medical certificate after all? Why didn't he write it in English (to begin with)?
11) "You're making fewer and fewer mistakes!" "I'm not so sure about that! (But) I hope it's true!"
12) They can't hear us ringing the bell! They must be lounging in the garden!

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de mamou3, postée le 20-08-2014 à 07:22:32 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

Thank you for this new exercise !

1. They walked to the station instead of taking the bus.
2. She used to have servants living in her house.
3. Sue asked me if I had understood that I had to be there the day after at ten.
4. My friend would have helped you if you had asked her for it earlier.
5. Would I be able to read a newspaper before my husband takes it to go to work.
6. I won't accept to believe what I read until I've heard it on the radio.
7. Since I went there on holiday I'm getting used to having fish, eggs and fruit for breakfast. It has become my main meal.
8. You should have come yesterday at night you would have could see my friend who was here for one day only.
9. Where was your father born ? My father and my mother were both born in Paris and my father is as old as you.
10.Were you able to translate the medical certificate at last ? Why didn't he write it in English ?
11. You make fewer and fewer mistakes ! I'm not so sure about that ! I wish that were true.
12. They don't hear us ringing. They must be resting in the garden.

Have a nice day !

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de angelina7777, postée le 20-08-2014 à 17:01:25 (S | E)
Hello,

they walked to the station instead of taking the bus.

SHe used to have servants living in her house

SUe asked me if I had understood the instructions and said that I had to be there the next day at ten.

4) End sentences 4,5 and 6 : My friend would have helped you if you had ended sentences 4, 5 and 6.

5) Would I be able to read a newspaper before I go?

6) I won't accept to believe what I read until you confirm it.

SInce I have been on vacation, I'm used to eating fish, eggs and fruits for breakfast. It has become my main meal.

You should have come yesterday night. You could have seen my friend who was here just for a day.

Where was your father born? My father and my mother were both born in Paris and my father is the same age as you.

In the end were you able to translate the doctor's certificate? Why didn't he write in English?

You're making less and less mistakes! I doubt it. I would like it to be true.

THey're not hearing us ringing. THey must be resting in the yard.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 20-08-2014 18:48

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de joe39, postée le 21-08-2014 à 12:03:40 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u!
Here is my try

They were going to take the bus but instead they walked to the station/Instead to take the bus, they walked to the station.
She is no more used to have servants who lived in her house.
Sue asked me if I had understood that I must be there in the morning of the following day at ten/the following morning at ten .
My friend would have helped you if you had asked him for.
Would I be able to read a newspaper before you could take it off me?
6) I won't accept to believe what I read until…
I won't accept to believe what I read until I be able to compare it with other
sources of information related to the matter.

Ever since I went on holiday there, I got used to breakfast on fish, eggs and fruit. So, breakfast has now become my main meal.
You should have come yesterday evening ; In so doing you would have been able to see/to meet my friend, who was there only for a day.
Where was your father born ? Both my father and my mother were born in Paris and my father is as old as you.
Were you able at last to translate the doctor’s note? Why wasn’t it written in English?
You make less and less mistakes . I’m not so sure indeed ! I wish it were !
12)Ils ne nous entendent pas sonner ! Ils doivent se reposer dans le jardin.
They can’t hear we are ringing the bell! They are probably resting in the garden.

Waiting for your verdict to come, I thank you for the nice exercise.
Have a pleasant day.
Joe39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 24-08-2014 21:37

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de here4u, postée le 21-08-2014 à 16:08:19 (S | E)
Hello !
As I may not have a lot of free time this weekend, I'll start posting your individual answers tomorrow !
Hope it's no inconvenience ...

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de lucile83, postée le 21-08-2014 à 17:00:03 (S | E)
Hello

Here is my try Thank you for this exercise

Sue asked me whether I had understood the instructions because I had to be there the following day at ten in the morning!

4) My friend would have helped you if you hadn’t stolen his wallet and his car instead of asking him for that. He wouldn’t have accepted but well, it would have been kind of you, poor stupid guy!

5) Would I be able to read a newspaper before the train arrives in London and the girl sitting next to me stops talking?

6) I won't accept to believe what I read until you promise me that it is not true and that you’ll cook dinner for the next sixty days.

7) Depuis que j’y suis allée en vacances, j’ai pris l’habitude de prendre du poisson, des œufs et des fruits pour le petit déjeuner . C’est devenu mon repas principal !
Since I went there for a holiday, I got used to having fish, eggs, and fruit for breakfast. It is now my biggest meal!

You should have come yesterday night. You could have met my friend who was there for one day only.

Where was your father born ? Both my father and mother were born in Paris, and my father is the same age as you!

Did you manage to translate the doctor’s certificate after all ? Why didn’t he write it in English?

You are making fewer and fewer mistakes ! – I am not sure! I wish it were true!

12) Ils ne nous entendent pas sonner ! Ils doivent se reposer dans le jardin !
They don’t hear us ringing the bell ! They must be having a rest in the garden!

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de emyliestar97, postée le 21-08-2014 à 18:14:08 (S | E)
Thank you very much our teacher Here4u

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de ronald1955, postée le 21-08-2014 à 19:02:08 (S | E)
Hello here4u

It was a great pleasure to do this exercise!

Here is my attempt,

a- They walked to the station instead of taking the bus.
b- They went on foot to the station instead of taking the bus.

a- She used to have servants living in her house.
b- She didn't use to have servants living in her house. (use) ''It wasn't required,I know!''

a- Sue asked me whether I had inderstood the instructions. She added that I had to be there the following morning at ten.
b- Sue asked me if I had inderstood the instructions and she added that I had to be there the next morning at ten.

My friend would have helped you if he had had time.

Would I be able to read a newspaper before I have to go to work?

a- I won't accept to believe what I read until I've heard the news on the radio.
b- I won't accept to believe what I read until I hear it from him, one of the prominent journalists in our country.

a- I've got used to having some fish, eggs and some fruit for breakfast ever since I went there on holiday.It has become my main meal!
b- Since I went there on holiday,I've got used to having fish, eggs and fruit for breakfast.It has become my main meal!

a- You should have come last night. You could have seen my friend who was there only for one day.
b- You should have turned up/dropped in yesterday night. You could have met my friend who was only staying there for one day.

a- Where was your father born? My father and my mother were both born in Paris and my father is the same age as you!
b- Where was your father born? My father and my mother were both born in Paris,and my father is as old as you are!

a- Did you eventually succeed in translating/manage to translate the doctor’s certificate? Why didn't he write it in English?
b- In the end were you able to translate the doctor's certificate? Why didn't he write it in English?

a- 'You are making fewer and fewer mistakes!' 'I'm not sure about that! I wish that were true!'
b- 'You are making fewer and fewer mistakes!' 'I'm not sure about that! If only it were true!'
c- (in spoken English) 'You're making less and less mistakes! Why??

a- They don't hear us ringing! They must be having a rest in the garden!
b- They can't hear us ringing! They must be resting in the garden!

Thank you 'Here4u' for making this exercise so interesting and so compelling!

-------------------
Modifié par ronald1955 le 21-08-2014 19:56

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de lakata, postée le 21-08-2014 à 19:24:13 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u! Thank you once again for this excellent exercise, as usual!

1) They didn't take the bus, they walked to the station.

2) She no longer has servants living in her house.

3) Did you understand the instructions ? You must be here tomorrow morning at ten.
Sue asked me whether I had understood the instructions, adding that I would have to be there the day after at ten in the morning.

4) My friend would have helped you if he hadn't had to spend so much time on that exercise which was a tough nut to crack!/on that tricky exercise, in other words...

5) Would I be able to read a newspaper quietly before your damned mower sets out to conquer the lawn?

6) I won't accept to believe what I read until it's proved/it's turned to be true. Hippo's milk would be pink ? Who on earth could believe such rubbish???
7) Depuis que j'y suis allée en vacances, j'ai pris l'habitude de prendre du poisson, des oeufs et des fruits au petit déjeuner. C'est devenu mon repas principal !
Ever since I went there on holiday, I've got used to having some fish, eggs and fruits at breakfast. As a result, It's become my main/square meal .

8) Tu aurais dû venir hier soir ; tu aurais pu voir mon amie qui n'était là que pour une journée.
You should have come last night ; you could have met my lady friend/ girl friend (not my business) who was just here for one day.

Where was your father born? My father and my mother were both born in Paris and Dad is the same age as you!

10) Finalement, avez-vous pu traduire le certificat du médecin ? Pourquoi ne l'a-t-il pas écrit en anglais ?
Have you eventually managed to translate the medical certificate? Why didn't the doctor write it in English?

11) "Vous faites de moins en moins de fautes !" - " Je n'en suis pas sûre ! J'aimerais que cela soit vrai !"
" You're making fewer and fewer mistakes!" - " I'm not sure! I wish it were true!".

12) Ils ne nous entendent pas sonner. Ils doivent se reposer dans le jardin.
They can't hear us ring the doorbell. They must be taking a rest in the garden!

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de alpiem, postée le 22-08-2014 à 18:57:19 (S | E)
Hello, here4u
that's very interesting business, we will soon become bilingual

1/ Instead of taking the bus, they walked to the station.

2/ She used to have servants living in their house, but she no longer has any.

3/Sue asked me wether I had understood the instructions and urged me to be there the following morning at 10.

4/My friend would have helped you if you had told him sooner that you were moving.

5/Would I be able to read a newspaper before the plane left ?

6/I won't accept to believe what I read until you give me an evidence of this breaking news.

7/Since I went there on holidays, I have got used to eating fish, eggs and fruits for breakfast! It has become my main meal!

8/You should have come yesterday night, you could have met my girlfriend who was there for one day only.

9/Where was your father born? My father and my mother were both born in Paris and my father and you are the same age.

10/Finally, have you succeeded in translating the GP's prescription? Why didn't he write it in English?

11/You are making less and less mistakes! -" I'm not sure, I'd love it would be true!"

12/They didn't hear us ringing! They must be taking a rest in the garden!

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 23-08-2014 06:37

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de here4u, postée le 23-08-2014 à 11:41:03 (S | E)
hello !

I have finished correcting the works I have received till now ...They're being transfered, and sent but this is a big IT job for me, so be patient ... especially as I'm very busy this weekend ! They're coming ...
My 'correction' will be on Monday, as planned.
In the meantime, I've put 'the next exercise ' ... EX 13 (which is in fact 14, but it doesn't matter !) Let yourselves go ...

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de here4u, postée le 25-08-2014 à 18:08:01 (S | E)
Hello !

Here's the 'correction' of exercise 12 ! When I say 'correction', please understand that I don't want to impose any way of saying and writing things on anyone ... You're perfectly free to be 'formal' or not ...
This 'correction' is done by the standards presently in use for exams according to 'The Common European Framework of References for Languages' adopted throughout Europe in 2009.

1)They didn’t take the bus, they walked to the station …(instead)
Instead of taking the bus, they walked to the station.
They didn’t take the bus to the station, they walked instead.
= variations on the ‘instead of’ theme …

2)She no longer has servants living in her house. (used)
She used to have servants living in her house (used to indicates an action that existed in the past, but no longer does in the present.)

3)‘Did you understand the instructions ? You must be here tomorrow morning at ten !’
Sue asked me if I had understood the instructions and added that I had to be there the following morning at ten. (the preterite becomes the past perfect in the Reported Speech ; here => there; must = obligation => ‘had to’; tomorrow morning’ = ‘the following morning’

4)End the sentences : My friend would have helped you if …(whatever you fancy + verb in the past perfect) if you had spoken about your difficulty.

5)Would I be able to finish reading a newspaper before +verb
(Theoretically, after the temporal conjunction ‘before’, you must look at the tense of the verb in the 'principal clause'. Here the tense is a ‘modal conditional’ (or 'subjunctive'), therefore, the tense of the subordinate should be the simple past. Ex: Would I finish reading a paper before the train reached London ? Practically speaking, most people would use the present … You may, and nobody will wince !(They most certainly would if you used the preterite ...) But for an exam, please, play it safe and use a preterite anyway.

6)Until I know the truth , I (whatever Verb in the simple future because the subordinate introduced by the temporal conjunction ‘until’, is in the present) I’ll say nothing.( = the same as the preceding one, only easier ...)

7)Depuis que j’y suis allée en vacances, j’ai pris l’habitude de prendre du poisson, des œufs et des fruits pour le petit déjeuner ? C’est devenu mon repas principal.
Since I went there for my holiday (/on a vacation), I got used to eating fish, eggs and fruit for breakfast. It has become my main meal of the day. (‘Since I went’ = completed action ; To get a habit = to get used to + verb + ing; ‘C’est devenu’ = result of the action = present perfect.)

8)Tu aurais dû venir hier soir ; tu aurais pu voir mon amie qui n’était là que pour une journée.
You should have come last night ; you’d have met my friend who was here for one day only. (you should = advice/reproach ; ‘you’d have met’ = you would have met)

Where was your father born ? My mother and father were both born in Paris and my Dad is the same age as you (are).(Be careful ! ‘Where were you born’ = always in the past ! French is deceiving here … but the action belongs to the 'completed past'. Similarly, ‘avoir le meme âge’ = to BE the same age as …)

10) Finalement, avez-vous pu traduire le certificat du médecin ? Pourquoi ne l’a-t-il pas écrit en anglais ? Finally, could you translate the doctor’s certificate ? Why didn’t he write it in English to start with ? /right away. (I preferred ‘the doctor’s certificate’ to ‘the medical certificate’ because it named the doctor and made the transition with the second sentence more logical.)

11)'Vous faites de moins en moins de fautes !' 'Je ne suis pas sûre ! J’aimerais que cela soit vrai !' 'You’re making fewer and fewer mistakes.’ ‘ I’m not sure about that ! I wish it were true’(In front of a countable noun, you must use ‘few/ fewer/ fewer and fewer’. If you use ‘less/ less and less’, it will be a mistake in exams …(though very commonly heard and used.)

12) Ils ne nous entendent pas sonner ! Ils doivent se reposer dans le jardin !
They can’t hear us ringing. They must be having a rest in the garden. (In front of a verb of involuntary perception, use ‘can’(which shouldn’t be translated into French). The action of ‘resting’ or ‘having a rest’ is long … use of the –ing form to insist on the length of time. )

Thank you to all of those who worked with me this Summer ... You're GREAT and very hardworking ! Your work was very good ! Let me congratulate you ...

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de lakata, postée le 25-08-2014 à 18:49:24 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u!

In my opinion, your work was not that bad...Even more, it's one hell of a job !!!

Therefore, it's my turn to congratulate you and to thank you. Really.

You can see we're all very happy with your work!

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de here4u, postée le 25-08-2014 à 20:29:46 (S | E)
You make me laugh ! Thanks, Lakata !

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de lucile83, postée le 25-08-2014 à 21:22:49 (S | E)

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de ariane6, postée le 25-08-2014 à 21:30:24 (S | E)
Hello here4u !
I sincerely apologize for being late...

1)They walked to the station instead of taking the bus.
2) She used to have servants living in her house, but not any more.
3) Sue asked me if I'd understood the instructions to be there the following morning at ten.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) My friend would have helped you if ...he had finished his homework on time.
5) Would I be able to read a newspaper before ... you use it to wrap your beautiful bohemian crystal stem glasses.
6)I won't accept to believe what I read until ...I go there and visit that haunted house myself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Since going there on holiday, I've been having some fish, eggs and fruit for breakfast. It's my main meal, now.
You should have come yesterday evening. You would have been able to see my friend who was there for one day only ...
Where was your father born? Both my father and my mother were born in Paris, and my father is the same age as you.

Have you finally been able to translate the doctor's certificate? Why hasn't he written it in English?

You are making fewer and fewer mistakes! I'm not sure about that. I'd love to believe it's true!

They don't hear us ringing (the doorbell). They must be resting in the garden.

Réponse: Exercice mixte /12 de mamou3, postée le 26-08-2014 à 07:18:56 (S | E)

Thank you ( dear professor) Here4u for your exercise and correction !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. NE PAS COPIER | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'italien 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.