Recommandés :

- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Ex 16 / A little variety

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Ex 16 / A little variety
Message de here4u posté le 24-09-2014 à 19:01:59 (S | E | F)
Hello, all of You !

Here is ‘Ex. 16: a little variety.’ The first 4 sentences are some ‘Rephrasing’ using some prompts whose nature is given (2 modals and 2 relatives in the 4 sentences, which means one for each sentence ! I'm not a torturer ! 😘.)In the fifth one, you’ll have to add prepositions or adverbs IF NECESSARY.
Finally, the last 6 sentences are pure translation.( Don't forget to stick to the text ....)
It's a exercise ; the correction will be given on October 8th, and you're allowed to change sentences till October 4th, included ! OK ?

1)2 modals : He didn’t give you the solution to that problem : that’s impossible !
2) : It wasn’t necessary for Pete to give her a reason for acting like that !
3)2 relatives : I met the writer. You’re reading his latest book.
4) : This is my friend Laura. I go to work in her car.
5)Complete : ‘He insisted .... coming and I couldn’t resist .... him. How can you account .... this accident ? - Would you please fill .... this form ? – Children are expected to obey .... their parents’requests. – I’m interested ..... what you’re saying, but I’m not responsible ..... this decision./7

6) Jusqu’à présent, tu n’avais pas besoin de me rendre la voiture avant les repas, alors que maintenant, tu le devras.
7) Elle me donne de moins en moins de renseignements, et je ne vais plus maintenant pouvoir m’en passer.
8) Nous nous arrêterons dès que tu seras fatiguée ; préviens-moi quand tu voudras que je te raccompagne à la maison.
9) Est-ce que ça le dérangerait si nous rattrapions cette séance d’ici une semaine ?
10) Plus tôt tu arrêteras cette relation destructrice, mieux ce sera pour tout le monde.
11) Je ne veux pas que tu lui donnes cette photo, à moins qu’elle t’en donne une d’elle !
12) Nous rentrons juste de Porto où nous avons loué une voiture comme nous l’avions fait l’année dernière.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 28-09-2014 22:09
Attention à la correction un peu reportée

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de jo06, postée le 26-09-2014 à 14:26:21 (S | E)
Hello here4u,it's nice to see you again.

This is my try:

1) He might not have given you the solution to that problem: it can't be done!
2) Pete didn't need to give her a reason for acting like that!
3) I met the writer whom you are reading his latest book.
4) This is my friend Laura who I got to work with in her car.
5) He insisted on coming and I couldn't resist him.
How can you account for this accident?
Would you please fill in this form?
Children are expected to obey their parents'requests.
I'm iterested in what you are saying, but I'm not responsible for this decision.
6) Till now you didn't have to bring me back the car before the meals but now you will have to do it.
7) She gives me less and less informations and I am not being able now to do without it.
8) We will stop (or will have a rest)as soon as you are tired (or you feel tired);tell me when you want me to walk
you back home.
9) Would he mind ,if we made up this session by a week( or in a week from now)?
10) The earlier you give up with this destructive acquaintance, the better it will be for everybody (or for us).
11) I don't want you to give her this photo (or picture) unless she gives you one of hers!
12) We are just coming back from Porto where we have rent a car as we did it last year.

Thank you again for this exercise.

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de koreen2012, postée le 27-09-2014 à 11:30:05 (S | E)
Hello Here4u
Thank you for this exercise
Here is my try

1)2 modals : He didn't give you the solution to that problem : that's impossible !
--> He couldn't give you the solution to that problem: that's impossible !

2) : It wasn't necessary for Pete to give her a reason for acting like that !
--> Pete didn't need to give her a reason for acting like that !
--> Pete didn't have to give her a reason for acting like that !

3)2 relatives : I met the writer. You're reading his latest book.
-->The book you are reading is the latest of the writer who I met.

--> This is my friend Laura who is the owner of this car in which I go to work.

5)Complete : He insisted on coming and I couldn't resist 0 him. How can you account for this accident ? - Would you please fill out this form ? ? Children are expected to obey from their parents'requests. ? I'm interested in what you're saying, but I'm not responsible for this decision./7

6) Jusqu'à présent, tu n'avais pas besoin de me rendre la voiture avant les repas, alors que maintenant, tu le devras.
--> Until now, you didn't need to give me the car back before meals, whereas now you will have to do it.

7) Elle me donne de moins en moins de renseignements, et je ne vais plus maintenant pouvoir m'en passer.
--> She is giving me less and less information, and I'm not going to be able to do without, now.

8) Nous nous arrêterons dès que tu seras fatiguée ; préviens-moi quand tu voudras que je te raccompagne à la maison.
--> We will stop as soon as you are tired; let me know when you want me to drive / take you back home

9) Est-ce que ça le dérangerait si nous rattrapions cette séance d'ici une semaine ?
--> Would he mind if we caught up this session by next week?
--> Would that disturb him if we caught up this session in one week's time?

10) Plus tôt tu arrêteras cette relation destructrice, mieux ce sera pour tout le monde.
--> The sooner this destructive relationship you will stop, the better for everybody it will be.

11) Je ne veux pas que tu lui donnes cette photo, à moins qu'elle t'en donne une d'elle !
--> I don't want you to give her this photo, unless she gives you one of hers.

12) Nous rentrons juste de Porto où nous avons loué une voiture comme nous l'avions fait l'année dernière.
--> We have just come back from Porto where we rented a car as we had done it last year.

Have a lovely weekend !
see you soon

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de maxwell, postée le 28-09-2014 à 18:15:23 (S | E)
Hello here4u
Are you having a nice week-end ?
Thanks for this nice little exercise I hope I did well

1) He can't have given you the solution to that problem
2) He needn't have given her a reason for acting like that !
3) I met the writer whose latest book you're reading
4) This is my friend Laura whose car I go to work in.
5) ‘He insisted on coming and I couldn’t resist him. How can you account for this accident ? - Would you please fill in this form ? – Children are expected to obey their parents’requests. – I’m interested in what you’re saying, but I’m not responsible for this decision./7
6) (Up) Until now, you didn't have to give the car back to me before meals, whereas you'll have to now.
7) She's giving me less and less information, and I won't be able to do without it now (or : from now on)
8) We'll stop as soon as you are tired ; let me know when you want me to take (perhaps : drive ?) you home.
9) Would he mind if we caught up this session within a week ?
10) The sooner you'll end up with this destructive relationship, the better for everybody
11) I don't want you to give her this photo, unless she gives you a picture of herself !
12) We've just returned from Porto where we hired a car as we had done last year.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 28-09-2014 18:31
ExerciSe

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de alpiem, postée le 28-09-2014 à 18:56:16 (S | E)
hello again here4 you, for this real exam (it is welcome)

1/He musn't have given you the solution of that problem :that's impossible!

2/Pete needn't have given her a reason for acting like that!

3/I met the writer whose book ,which is his lattest, you are reading.

4/This is my friend Laura who is used to taking me to work in her car.

5/'He insisted' on' coming and I couldn't resist'0' him . How could you account' for' this accident?
Would you please fill 'in' this form? - Children are expected to obey '0' their parents' requests.
I'm interested 'in' what you are saying, but I'm not responsible 'for' this decision..

6/ Until now you didn't have to return my car before the meals, whereas from now on,you will.

7/She gives me few and few pieces of information and I'll now be unable to do without it.

8/We will stop as soon as you are tired, tell me when you want me to run you back home.

9/Do you think he will be annoyed if we make up for this session by a week ?

10/The sooner you break off this destructive affair the better it will be for everyone.

11/I don't want you to give her this snap unless she gives you one of herself!

12/We are just coming in from Porto where we have rented a car, like we did last year.

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 05-10-2014 20:25

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de here4u, postée le 28-09-2014 à 19:19:34 (S | E)
A T T E N T I O N !

J'ai reçu quelques demandes et questions ... Donc, je répète ... je ne suis pas tortionnaire et ne désire qu'un seul modal ou relatif par phrase ! De plus, plusieurs d'entre vous sont en vacances, d'autres un peu débordés ... donc, nous reculons notre correction au 8 Octobre et le moment où je commence à considérer vos phrases comme définitives au 04/10.
Certains demandent déjà la série suivante, mais je voudrais que le tout soit un peu mûri ! et si vous êtes certains que vos travaux sont parfaits, ce qui est sans doute vrai, vous pouvez me donner a second-best solution !

(hey, ! lakata ... mes oreilles sont plus jolies que les tiennes, non ? )

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de lakata, postée le 28-09-2014 à 22:15:25 (S | E)
Of course yes ! mon p'tit lapin...

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de tereda, postée le 29-09-2014 à 10:58:12 (S | E)
Hello Here4U

this is a new exercise which help us to rack one's brains! great ! Thanks to you

1. he should have given you the solution to that problem, I can't understand why he didn't
2. Pete had no reason to tell her why he was acting like that ! or Pete didn't have to tell her .....
3. I met the writer who wrote the latest book you are reading.
4. This is my friend Laura who brings me in her car to go working.
5. He insisted on coming and I really couldn’t resist him. How can you account for this accident ? - Would you please fill in this form ? – Children are normally expected to obey their parents’ requests. – I’m interested in what you’re saying, but I’m not responsible for this decision.
6 Until now, you had no need to bring back the car before lunch, but now, you will have to do it.
7 She gives me less and less information, but now, I couldn't dispense to have some.
8 We are going to stop us as soon as you feel tired; tell me when you want me to bring you back home.
9 Would he be disturbed if we make this session up in a week ? (here, I'm afraid !!)
10 The earlier you'll stop this destructive relation (or acquaintance), the better it will be for everyone.
11 I don't want you give her this photo, unless she gives you one of her !
12 We just return from Porto where we have rent a car as we did last year.

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de joe39, postée le 30-09-2014 à 11:36:41 (S | E)
Dear her4u!
Here is my try. This time I’m abundantly in time

1)2 modals : He didn’t give you the solution to that problem : that’s impossible !
He wasn’t able to give you the solution to that problem: it can’t be possible!
Pete didn’t need to give her any reason which could justify her acting like that!
I met the that writer whose latest book you’re reading now.
This is a friend of mine, whose name’s Laura in the car of which I go to work.
5)Complete : ‘He insisted .in... coming and I couldn’t resist .to... him. How can you account .for... this accident ? - Would you please fill .in... this form ? – Children are expected to obey their parents’requests. – I’m interested ..in... what you’re saying, but I’m not responsible ..for... this decision./7

6) Jusqu’à présent, tu n’avais pas besoin de me rendre la voiture avant les repas, alors que maintenant, tu le devras.
Until now you didn’t need to give me back the car before the meals, whereas now you’ll have to.
7) Elle me donne de moins en moins de renseignements, et je ne vais plus maintenant pouvoir m’en passer.
She gives me less and less information and now/soon I won’t be able to do without it.
We’ll stop as soon as you are tired; let me know when you want me to take you to home.
9) Est-ce que ça le dérangerait si nous rattrapions cette séance d’ici une semaine ?
Could it bother him if we would resume this session next week on the same day?
Should we resume this session the next week on the same day, could it bother him?
The sooner you stop this destructive relationship the better for everyone.
11) Je ne veux pas que tu lui donnes cette photo, à moins qu’elle t’en donne une d’elle !
I don’t want you to give her this picture, unless she gives you one of hers.
12) Nous rentrons juste de Porto où nous avons loué une voiture comme nous l’avions fait l’année dernière.
We just came back from Porto, where we rented a car, as we did last year.

Thanks a lot for the nice exercise.
Have a great week.
So long
Joe39

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de ariane6, postée le 01-10-2014 à 20:11:27 (S | E)
Hello here4u!
Variety is the spice of life , here is my participation!

1) He didn’t give you the solution to that problem : that’s impossible !
It's impossible he couldn't give you the solution to that problem.
2) It wasn’t necessary for Pete to give her a reason for acting like that !
Pete didn't have to give her a reason for acting like that.
3) I met the writer. You’re reading his latest book.
I met the writer whose latest book you're reading.
4) This is my friend Laura. I go to work in her car.
This is my friend Laura whose car I go to work in.

5)Complete : ‘He insisted ..on.. coming and I couldn’t resist .... him. How can you account ..for.. this accident ? - Would you please fill .in... this form ? – Children are expected to obey .... their parents’requests. – I’m interested ..in... what you’re saying, but I’m not responsible ..for... this decision.

Up to now, you didn't have to return the car to me before meals, but from now on, you'll have to.
She's giving me less and less information and I'm not going to be able to manage without it.
As soon as you're tired, we'll stop; let me know when you want me to walk you home.
Would it be a bother for him if we make up for this session within a week from now?
The sooner you stop this destructive relationship, the better it will be for everybody.
I don't want you to give her this photo, unless she gives you one of her.
We have just come back from Porto where we hired a car as we did last year.
Thank you!

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de lakata, postée le 02-10-2014 à 09:54:51 (S | E)
Good morning, dear here4u!

I've noticed that the older I grow, the trickier I find your exercises...Strange, isn't it?

1) He didn't give you the solution to that problem : that's impossible!
He couldn't give you any solution to that problem since such a solution doesn't exist! ( not sure to get what you mean by "that's impossible"...)

2) It wasn't necessary for Pete to give her a reason for acting like that.
Pete needn't have given her a reason for acting like that.

3) I met the writer. You're reading his latest book.
I met the writer whose latest book you're reading.

5) Complete : He insisted on/upon coming and I couldn't resist him - How can you account for this accident ? - Would you please fill in this form? - Children are expected to obey their parents' requests. - I'm interested in what you're saying, but I'm not responsible for this decision.

6) Jusqu'à présent, tu n'avais pas besoin de me rendre la voiture avant les repas, alors que maintenant, tu le devras.
Until now, you haven't had to give me my car back before meals, whereas I expect you to do it from now on.

7) Elle me donne de moins en moins de renseignements, et, maintenant, je ne vais plus pouvoir m'en passer.
She's giving me less and less information and I'm not going to be able to do without from now on.

We'll stop as soon as you're tired - Tell me when you want me to take/drive you home.

9)Est-ce que ça le dérangerait si nous rattrapions cette séance d'ici une semaine ?
Would he mind if we caught up on this session in a week's time?

The sooner you end up with that destructive relationship, the better for everybody.

11) Je ne veux pas que tu lui donnes cette photo, à moins qu'elle t'en donne une d'elle !
I don't want you to give her this photo, unless she gives you one of hers.

12) Nous rentrons juste de Porto où nous avons loué une voiture comme nous l'avions fait l'année dernière.
We're just coming back from Porto where we hired a car as we'd done the year before.

Look what happened to Ariane's caterpillar! That's life...
P.S. My butterfly is waving to thank you, here4u !

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de here4u, postée le 02-10-2014 à 12:08:05 (S | E)
Wonderful, girls !

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de lakata, postée le 02-10-2014 à 14:20:08 (S | E)
Hmm...This comma sets me wondering..Is it absolutely necessary ?

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de here4u, postée le 03-10-2014 à 00:16:15 (S | E)
Yes ! it is ! I mean 'it's great ... because you're wonderful, girls ! but you're also wonderful girls !'

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de ronald1955, postée le 03-10-2014 à 12:42:08 (S | E)
Hello Here4u
Here is my try!

1) He didn't give you the solution to that problem : that's impossible!
a- He can't have given you the solution to this problem!
b- He couldn’t give you the solution to that problem: that’s impossible!

2) It wasn't necessary for Pete to give her a reason for acting like that.
a- Pete needn't have given her a reason for acting like that.
b- Pete didn't need to give her a reason for acting like that.

3) I met the writer. You're reading his latest book.
a- I met the writer whose latest book you're reading.

a- This is my friend Laura whose car I go to work in.
b- This is my friend Laura who takes me to work in her car.

5) Complete : He insisted on coming and I couldn't resist him - How can you account for this accident ? - Would you please fill in this form? - Children are expected to obey their parents' requests. - I'm interested in what you're saying, but I'm not responsible for this decision.

a- Until now, you hadn't had to give me my car back before meals, whereas you'll have to do it from now on/onwards.
b- Until now, you didn't need/have to give me the car back before meals, whereas now you will have to do it.

7) Elle me donne de moins en moins de renseignements, et, maintenant, je ne vais plus pouvoir m'en passer.
a- She's giving me less and less information and I'm not going to be able/to manage to do without it from now on.
b- She has given me less and less information and now, I'm not going to be able to do without it.

a- We'll stop as soon as you're tired/exhausted; tell me when you want me to take you home.
b- We'll stop as soon as you're tired; let me know when you want me to drive you back home.

9) Est-ce que ça le dérangerait si nous rattrapions cette séance d'ici une semaine ?
a- Would he mind if we caught up on this session in a week's time?
b- Would he mind if we made up for this session within a week ?

10)Plus tôt tu arrêteras cette relation destructrice, mieux ce sera pour tout le monde.
a- The sooner you'll end up with this destructive relationship, the better it will be for everybody.
b- The earlier you'll stop this destructive relationship, the better it will be for everyone.

11)Je ne veux pas que tu lui donnes cette photo, à moins qu'elle t'en donne une d'elle !
a- I don't want you to give her this photo/picture, unless she gives you one of hers !

12)Nous rentrons juste de Porto où nous avons loué une voiture comme nous l'avions fait l'année dernière.
a- We have just come back from Porto where we hired a car as we had done the year before.
b- We're just coming back from Porto where we rented a car as we did last year.

A lot of Here4u !! Your exercises are really compelling and enthralling !!

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de icare29, postée le 03-10-2014 à 17:37:34 (S | E)
Hello Here4u here is my work

1)He didn't give you the solution to that problem : that's impossible ! It's impossible that he could not give you the right solution of that problème yet!
2) It wasn't necessary for Peter to give her a reason for acting like that . Peter needn't give her a reason for acting like that,
3) I met the writer You're reading his latest book. I met the writer whose latest book you are reading now.
4)This is my friend Laura. I go to work in her car .
This is my friend Laura who gives me a lift to work in her car.

5 ?He insisted .'on' . coming and I couldn't resist .'.0.'. him. How can you account .'for.'.. this accident . - Would you please fill .'.in..' this form ? ? Children are expected to obey 'strickly.' their parents'requests. ? I'm interested .'.in.'.. what you're saying, but I'm not responsible .'.for.'.. this decision.

6) Jusqu'à présent, tu n'avais pas besoin de me rendre la voiture avant les repas, alors que maintenant, tu le devras. Until now ,you needn't return the car before lunch, whereas now you do
7) Elle me donne de moins en moins de renseignements, et je ne vais plus maintenant pouvoir m'en passer. She gives me less and less information , and from now I can't do without them
8) Nous nous arrêterons dès que tu seras fatiguée ; préviens-moi quand tu voudras que je te raccompagne à la maison. We will stop when you get tired ; let me know when you would like me to give you a lift home,
9) Est-ce que ça le dérangerait si nous rattrapions cette séance d'ici une semaine ? Would he mind if we should catch up with this session within a week ?
10) Plus tôt tu arrêteras cette relation destructrice, mieux ce sera pour tout le monde. The sooner this destructive relationship you will stop , the better will be for everyone ,
11) Je ne veux pas que tu lui donnes cette photo, à moins qu'elle t'en donne une d'elle ! I don't want you to give her this photo , unless she gives me one too.
12) Nous rentrons juste de Porto où nous avons loué une voiture comme nous l'avions fait l'année dernière. We have just returned from Porto where we rented a car ,in the same way as we did last year .

Thank you very much for this new interesting exercise

-------------------
Modifié par icare29 le 04-10-2014 14:58

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de lucile83, postée le 03-10-2014 à 21:05:26 (S | E)
Hello,
Here is my try

1. He couldn’t give you the solution to that problem: that’s impossible!
2. Pete did not need to/didn’t have to give her a reason for acting like that!
3. I met the writer whose latest book you’re reading.
4. This is my friend Laura who takes me to work in her car.

5. He insisted on coming and I couldn’t resist him. How can you account for this accident?
- Would you please fill in this form ?
– Children are expected to obey their parents’requests.
– I’m interested in what you’re saying, but I’m not responsible for this decision.

6. Till now you didn't need to give me back the car before our meals whereas now you’ll have to.
7. She gives me less and less information and I won’t be able to do without it from now on.
8. We’ll stop as soon as you are tired; let me know when you want me to take you back home.
9. Would he mind our catching up on this session within a week?
10. The sooner you’ll stop that harmful relationship, the better it will be for everybody.
11. I don’t want you to give her this picture unless she gives you one of hers!
12. We are just coming back from Porto where we have rented a car as we did last year.

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de mamou3, postée le 04-10-2014 à 09:14:58 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

Sorry ! I'm so late....

1.It's impossible that he wouldn't have given you the solution to that problem.
2. Pete didn't need to give her a reason she had to act like that.
3. I met someone who's a writter and whose latest book you're reading.
4. I've a friend whose name is Laura and who takes me to go work in her car.
5. He insisted on coming and I couldn't resist him - How can you account for this accident ? - Would you please fill in this form? - Children are expected to obey their parents' requests. - I'm interested in what you're saying, but I'm not responsible for this decision.

6. Until now you didn't have to give me the car back before the meals but from now on you'll have to.
7. She gives me less and less information and now I won't be able to do without it.
8. We'll stop when you're tired, tell me when you want me to bring you back home.
9. Would he mind if we caught up on this session next week?
10. The sooner you stop this destructive relationship the better it will be for everybody.
11. I don't want you to give her that picture unless she gives you one of hers.
12. We have just come back from Porto where we hired a car as we did last year.

Thank you very much and have a sweet Sunday !

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de here4u, postée le 04-10-2014 à 23:51:52 (S | E)
Hello !
I'll be starting the corrections tomorrow morning.
you can still post ... Don't worry !

Have a good Sunday !

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de komiks, postée le 05-10-2014 à 16:21:03 (S | E)
Hello here4u,
Je suis un peu en retard, désolé, mais j'ai eu un début d'année assez mouvementé
Voilà mon travail, en espérant ne pas avoir fait trop de fautes.
Bon dimanche,

He can’t have given you the solution to that problem : that’s impossible!

Pete didn’t need to give her a reason for acting like that!

I met the writer whose latest book you’re reading.

This is my friend Laura, whose car I go to work in.

5)Complete : ‘He insisted on coming and I couldn’t resist ø him. How can you account for this accident ? - Would you please fill in this form ? – Children are expected to obey ø their parents’ requests. – I’m interested in what you’re saying, but I’m not responsible for this decision./7

Until now, you haven’t had to give me back the car before meals, whereas from now on, you’ll have to.

She gives me less and less information, and I won’t be able to do without it.

We’ll stop as soon as you are tired ; let me know when you want me to take you back home.

Would he mind if we made up this session frow now to a week / within a week ?

The sooner you’ll stop this destructive/ravaging relationship, the better it will be for everybody.

I don’t want you to give her this photograph, unless she gives you one of herself !

We’ve just been back from Porto, where we rent a car as we had done it last year

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de here4u, postée le 07-10-2014 à 12:10:13 (S | E)
Hello !
One more day to post !
Exercise 17 has been posted and is challenging you ! Enjoy !

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de here4u, postée le 08-10-2014 à 23:21:41 (S | E)
Hello
Sorry, it's late !

(Correction post atelier-théâtre ... avant, absorbée par mon latest test !)
Your essays were all very good, some of them even EXCELLENT(No! I'm not shouting ! I use capitals to show my admiration !)

1)He didn’t give you the solution to that problem : that’s impossible !
He can’t have given you the solution to that problem ! (That’s impossible !)
The value of the modal was given by the additional sentence (that didn’t really need to be repeated, but could) since you had expressed the notion at the beginning … Here, this idea was ‘impossibility’. How can you express ‘impossibility’ with a modal ? => with CAN’T, of course ! As the sentence was in the past, you needed ‘can’t have + past participle’

2) It wasn’t necessary for Pete to give her a reason for acting like that !
Peter didn’t have to/didn’t need to give her a reason for acting like that !
Absence of obligation = didn’t need to/ didn’t have to; ‘needn’t’ is impossible since we are in the past.

3) a relative : I met the writer. You’re reading his latest book.
I met the writer whose latest book you’re reading.
The book is the writer's possession, (masterpiece!). => ‘whose’ MIND THE CONSTRUCTION OF WHOSE ! ‘whose + objet possédé, sans determinant ‘!

The 2 cases were similar …(I go to work in Laura’s car !)

5)Complete : ‘He insisted …ON…coming and I couldn’t resist …0…him. How can you account…FOR.. this accident ? - Would you please fill …IN.. this form ? – Children are expected to obey 0 their parents’requests. – I’m interested …IN.. what you’re saying, but I’m not responsible FOR.this decision.7/7

So far/ up to now, you didn’t need to give my car back before the meals but now, you’ll have to. (as there were two occurrences, I chose to use the 2 expressions). ‘needn’t’ couldn’t normally be used because the original sentence was in the past.

She gives me less and less information, and now, I’m no longer going to be able to do without it.
‘information’ is an uncountable => no plural, and ‘less and less’.

We’ll stop as soon as you’re tired. Tell me when you want me to take you home.
Here, 2 examples of the use of the present/preterite after temporal conjunctions. (‘as soon as’ and ‘when’)

Would he mind if we caught up on this session within a week … (to catch up with someone on something) I feel that ‘make up for’is more ‘moral … (‘make up for an offense’ )but it may be my feeling ...

The sooner you stop (break up) this destructive relationship (affair), the better it will be for everyone …
(A parallel progression with a short adjective (soon+er) and an irregular one (good=> better)Pay attention to the place of the verb in the second part of the clause.

I don’t want you to give him this photo (mere infinitive clause) unless she gives you one of her(s).

We’re just back from Porto where we have rented a car as we did last year/ as we had done the year before.
Immediate past = ‘we’re just back; ‘we have rented = present perfect illustrating the result of an action) last year, next year = discours direct = “we did last year”= si on repousse le passé = ‘we had done the year before’

Thanks again to all of you for your effort, your very good work … and taking pleasure in letting me torture you ! Take care !

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de koreen2012, postée le 09-10-2014 à 07:46:50 (S | E)
Hello Here4u !
Merci beaucoup pour cet exercice et cette correction détaillée

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de mamou3, postée le 09-10-2014 à 08:02:09 (S | E)
Thank you very much Here4u !

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de lakata, postée le 09-10-2014 à 08:56:00 (S | E)

THANK YOU SO MUCH, dear here4u!

Yes! I'm shouting and using capitals to express my gratitude!

Réponse: Ex 16 / A little variety de here4u, postée le 09-10-2014 à 09:40:02 (S | E)
COUCOU !

Je ne savais même pas que sur ordi, les majuscules signifiaient des cris ! Des fois, ça me semble nécessaire d'en mettre ...
MERCI de vos mercis et beaux dessins et de tous vos mps !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. NE PAS COPIER | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'italien 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.