Recommandés :

- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Ex 82/Message in a bottle

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 09-07-2016 à 14:40:51 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Friends!
I’m addressing you this "message in a bottle" hoping it will reach you, wherever you are... You are "the survivors" of the site… when all others are busy supporting different soccer teams, or packing to leave for their long-awaited holiday!

Some of you have answered my question about the nature of these holiday exercises… Apparently, you’re very hardworking learners wanting to go on translating in both languages… I’ve had a few suggestions: exercises with gaps to fill in, different games, but easy ones…( ) The abascus looked (and felt!) too brain-racking and difficult to many of you… (but as I know it’s a good exercise for you, you’ll still have an easier one to do every other week…) So there! .
Maxwell suggested that I might let you (volunteers, of course ) find a sentence or two to “tease” one another… A brilliant idea! Therefore, I chose my volunteer and he will make you work a little (2 sentences only this time out of the 5 he had prepared because I don't want the length of the exercise to put you off...)
So, I may say that exercise 82 is a (maybe 4!) and that the collective correction will be online on Wednesday, the 20th of July, late as usual. More than ever, I give you THE FORCE to go on "surviving" and working in the sun…

I) Translate into English:
1. Comment expliquer cet engouement pour le sport, le football, qui frappe le pays une fois tous les 4 ans ?
2. Le monde s’arrête, ou semble s’arrêter … Les média oublient, ou du moins occultent, pour un temps, les catastrophes naturelles ou les horreurs humaines qui meurtrissent tant de vies …
3. Certains, je devrais dire beaucoup, disent que le football est une drogue pour les populations, un genre d’anti-dépresseur qui permet un moment d’oublier que la vie est dure … Il semble que beaucoup d’entre-nous ont envie de se sentir membres d’une grande famille heureuse …
4. Pouvons-nous vraiment dire que les Britanniques sont sortis de l’EU alors qu’à vrai dire, ils n’y sont jamais vraiment entrés ?

5. Maxwell is addressing you… Thanks a lot Maxwell ! et vous verrez qu’il n’est pas plus tendre que moi …
M1) Je n'ai pas pu t'appeler tout à l'heure parce que j'ai oublié de recharger mon portable après l'avoir utilisé toute la journée. Je suis à l'amende car tu m'avais déjà prévenu que ma batterie ne tiendrait pas la journée à ce rythme.

M2) En avance de phase, je vous communique les premiers résultats : cette semaine, les ventes sont en baisse de 3% par rapport à la semaine précédente, pour un atterrissage mensuel à 53K, soit 6% en deçà du budget.

II) Translate into French:
"A few were farm boys or lumberjacks or fishermen, the products of foggy coastal villages, damp dairy farms, and smoky lumber towns all over the state.
Their strength would be an asset, but rowing was at least as much art as brawn, and a keen intelligence was just as important as brute strength. There were a thousand and one small things that had to be learned, mastered, and brought to bear in precisely the right way to propel a twenty-four-inch-wide cedar shell, carrying three-quarters of a ton of human flesh and bone, through the water with any semblance of speed and grace."
Daniel James Brown The Boys in the Boat, 2013

III) Fill in the blanks with one or several suitable word(s): (In some cases, you have no choice, but in many others, you do… : I love Freedom and Imagination! )(Please write your words in green) Good luck!
I thought it was going to be the best match I had ------ watched. The ---------- was seated on his -------------- (=2words) and ------------(=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking ------------- to ------------ the players fight. And ------ they got...
First, I couldn’t believe my ------… One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought --------- zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that ------- Wimbledon insisted ------ their -------------- (2w)tradition, Paris had decided to ----------- the ------------- of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white ---------- from --------------- (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize -------------” for the players. Some ------- say it was --------- “not to -------------, but to notice”… and it did…
At ------- a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” ------------ whereas ----------(=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the ---------: following the ------- to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed ----his usual full ------ outfit, from ------ to footwear, including head and wrist -------. Nole didn’t give ---- his favourite red ----------------(=2 w) although it didn’t really ------- the red of the -------!
You have to be original, ---------(2) you?

Not that easy,is it? I'll even say it is a "naughty" one! Don’t forget, wherever you are, THE FORCE won’t leave you !

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-07-2016 15:19

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de maxwell, postée le 10-07-2016 à 18:27:20 (S | E)
FINISHED .
Hello Here4U
I think this exercise is your best ever ! Full of vocabulary difficulties, it's worth 4 stars.
I'm still working on the 3rd part, encountering many difficulties , therefore, just enjoying !
Now, I've finished it completeley

1. Comment expliquer cet engouement pour le sport, le football, qui frappe le pays une fois tous les 4 ans ?
How to explain this craze for the football sport, which strikes the country every four years ?

2. Le monde s’arrête, ou semble s’arrêter … Les média oublient, ou du moins occultent, pour un temps, les catastrophes naturelles ou les horreurs humaines qui meurtrissent tant de vies …
The world is making a stop, or so to say... The media are forgetting, or at least, overshadowing for a while, the natural disasters or the human horrors which have wounded so many lives...

3. Certains, je devrais dire beaucoup, disent que le football est une drogue pour les populations, un genre d’anti-dépresseur qui permet un moment d’oublier que la vie est dure … Il semble que beaucoup d’entre-nous ont envie de se sentir membres d’une grande famille heureuse …
Some, I should say many people, say that football is a drug for populations, a kind of antidepressant which helps them to forget - for a moment - that life is hard ... It seems that many of us want to feel themselves as part of a big happy family...

4. Pouvons-nous vraiment dire que les Britanniques sont sortis de l’EU alors qu’à vrai dire, ils n’y sont jamais vraiment entrés ?
Can the British really be said to have left the European Union while as a matter of fact, they've never entered it ?

M1) Je n'ai pas pu t'appeler tout à l'heure parce que j'ai oublié de recharger mon portable après l'avoir utilisé toute la journée. Je suis à l'amende car tu m'avais déjà prévenu que ma batterie ne tiendrait pas la journée à ce rythme.
I couldn't phone you a while ago as I forgot to charge up my phone after having used it all day long. I must apologize since you'd already warned me that my battery couldn't last the whole day at that rate.

M2) En avance de phase, je vous communique les premiers résultats : cette semaine, les ventes sont en baisse de 3% par rapport à la semaine précédente, pour un atterrissage mensuel à 53K, soit 6% en deçà du budget.
On a phase-lead basis, I'm providing you with the first figures : This week, sales have decreased by three percent compared to the previous week, resulting in an updated forecast of fifty-three thousand for this month, being six percent below the budget.

"A few were farm boys or lumberjacks or fishermen, the products of foggy coastal villages, damp dairy farms, and smoky lumber towns all over the state. Their strength would be an asset, but rowing was at least as much art as brawn, and a keen intelligence was just as important as brute strength. There were a thousand and one small things that had to be learned, mastered, and brought to bear in precisely the right way to propel a twenty-four-inch-wide cedar shell, carrying three-quarters of a ton of human flesh and bone, through the water with any semblance of speed and grace."

Quelques-uns étaient fermiers, bûcherons ou pêcheurs, les produits de villages brumeux du littoral, d'exploitations laitières humides, et de sites d'exploitation forestière enfumés répartis partout dans l'Etat. Leur force physique était un atout, mais ramer relevait autant de l'art que des muscles, et une intelligence vive était tout aussi importante que la force brute. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qu'il fallait apprendre, maîtriser et mettre en application précisément dans la façon correcte de propulser un aviron de cèdre large de soixante et un cm, transportant à travers l'eau sept cent cinquante kilos de chair et d'os humains avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce.

III
I thought it was going to be the best match I had ---ever--- watched. The -------referee--- was seated on his ----umpire chair---------- (=2words) and ---in spite---------(=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking --forward----------- to --watching---------- the players fight. And ---better--- they got...
First, I couldn’t believe my --eyes----… One on them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought ---were------ zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that --although----- Wimbledon insisted ---on--- their ---all-white----------- (2w)tradition, Paris had decided to ---perpetuate-------- the ---tradition---------- of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white ---stripes------- from - head to toe----- (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize --distractions----” for the players. Some ---gossips---- say it was ---made------ “not to --ignore---, but to notice”… and it did…
At -least------ a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” ----outfit-------- whereas ----many other------(=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the ----message-----: following the --tribute----- to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed --in--his usual full ---tennis--- outfit, from -apparel----- to footwear, including head and wrist --bands-----. Nole didn’t give --up-- his favourite red --tee-shirt----(=2 w) although it didn’t really --match--- the red of the --court-----!
You have to be original, --don't--(2) you?

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de taiji43, postée le 12-07-2016 à 15:14:11 (S | E)
Hello Dear Here4u an thanks you for this Easy holiday try ????In fact more hard than Abacus that I turn down for its difficulties.It serves me right…(I am jocking)
For the time being ,you CAN CORRECT the TRANSLATION INTO FRENCH AND SEVENTH GRAMMTICAL EXCERCISESand now this third exercise.
BY FOR NOW and thank a lot for your corrections. Have a nice evening.

How can we explain this craze for sport, the football, which hits the country once every four years?

The world is coming to a stop or seems to stand still…The media are forgetting
or so, have hiding for a while ,natural disasters or human horrors which have wounded so many lives

Some people or should I say many say that the football is a drug to populations, some kind of anti-depressant which take your mind off this hard life…It seems that many of us would like to feel like a part of one big happy family.

4.Pouvons-nous vraiment dire que les Britanniques sont sortis de l’EU alors qu’à vrai dire, ils n’y sont jamais vraiment entrés
Can we really say that the British have really left the EU ,whereas as a matter of fact they have never actually interred it

5 THANKS A LOT MAXWELL However the second sentence is too commercial for me.
I couldn’t call you a moment ago as I had forgotten to charge my phone after using it all day. long I must make amends since you had already warned me that my battery wouldn’t last the whole day at this rate.

M2) En avance de phase, je vous communique les premiers résultats : cette semaine, le ventes sont en baisse de 3% par rapport à la semaine précédente, pour un atterrissage mensuel à 53K, soit 6% en deçà du budget.
I should like to inform you about initial outcomes. This week, sales have decreased by three percent relative to the previous week, for( a monthly recap of) ???of fifty –three thousand, that is to say six percent below the budget.

"A few were farm boys or lumberjacks or fishermen, the products of foggy coastal villages, damp dairy farms, and smoky lumber towns all over the state.
Their strength would be an asset, but rowing was at least as much art as brawn, and a keen intelligence was just as important as brute strength. There were a thousand and one small things that had to be learned, mastered, and brought to bear in precisely the right way to propel a twenty-four-inch-wide cedar shell, carrying three-quarters of a ton of human flesh and bone, through the water with any semblance of speed and grace."

Quelques-uns étaient garçons de ferme, bûcherons ou pêcheurs, tous, les produits dérivants de villages côtiers, plongés dans le brouillard,d’humides exploitations laitières, et de localités forestières enfumées, disséminés dans l’ensemble de l'état.
Leur force physique était un atout, mais ramer relevait au moins autant de l’art que de forces musculaires, et une intelligence en éveil était aussi importante que la force à l’état brute.Il y avait mile et une petites choses qui devaient être apprises, maîtrisées et mises en pratique , précisément, dans la façon correcte de propulser un aviron de cèdre large de soixante cinq- vingt seize cm, transportant au fil de l'eau trois- quart de tonne de chair et d'os humains avec une quelque apparence de vitesse et de grâce.

III) Fill in the blanks with
I Know , my suggestions are not very satisfactory , I am sorry .

I thought it was going to be the best match I had EVER watched. The UMPIRE was seated on his REFEREE CHAIR---------- (=2words) and IN SPITE (=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking from RIGHT to LEFT the players fight. And the SCORES- they got
First, I couldn’t believe my EYES One on them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought OF BEING A zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that SINCE Wimbledon insisted ON their CODES and UNCHANGING(2w)tradition, Paris had decided to not FOLLOW the IMPERATIVES of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white STRICTLY from –HEAD TO FEET (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize The CLOTHING ABUSES for the players. Some OF THEM say it was -DIFFICULT“not to BE UNOTICED
, but to notice”… and it did…
At LEAST a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” OUTFIT whereas TWO VERY -(=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the INSTRUCTIONS : following the RULES to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed IN-his usual full PASTEL BLUE outfit, from Nike to footwear, including head and wrist SUPPORTS
Nole didn’t give UP his favourite red –LIGHT COLOUR (=2 w) although it didn’t really ABANDON the red of the BADGE
You have to be original, HAVEN’T (2) you?

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de ouvea, postée le 13-07-2016 à 12:46:18 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Hello everybody,
Prêt à être corrigé

How to explain this enthusiasm for sport, the football, which strikes the country once every four years?

2. Le monde s’arrête, ou semble s’arrêter … Les média oublient, ou du moins occultent, pour un temps, les catastrophes naturelles ou les horreurs humaines qui meurtrissent tant de vies
The world stops or seems to stop... Media forget, or at least overshadow, for a while, natural disasters or human horrors that hurt so many lives...

Some, I should say a lot of people, say that football is a drug for populations, a kind of antidepressant which enables, for a while, to forget that life is tough... It seems that a lot of among us feel like being as a member of a big happy family...

Can we really say that the British have left the EU whereas to be honest, they have really never been in?

5. Maxwell is addressing you… Thanks a lot Maxwell ! et vous verrez qu’il n’est pas plus tendre que moi …
I couldn't call you a bit earlier because I have forgotten to recharge my mobile after having used it the whole day. I'm in the wrong because you had already warned me that my battery wouldn't be enough fulfiled for all day long with that rhythm.

Ahead of phase, I pass on the first results to you: this week the sales are decreasing of 3% compared to the week before, for a monthly slowing down to 53K, that is to say 6% below the budget.

"Quelques uns étaient des garçons de ferme ou bûcherons ou pêcheurs, ils étaient le produit des brumeux villages côtiers, des humides exploitations laitières et des sombres maisons en bois de toute la contrée. Leur force était un atout mais ramer était tout autant de l'art que du muscle et une intelligence affûtée était tout aussi importante que la force physique. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qui devaient être apprises, maîtrisées et mises très précisément en application de la meilleure façon pour propulser une coque en cèdre de 60 centimètres de large, supportant les trois quarts d'une tonne de chair humaine et d'os, fendant l'eau avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce"

Here4u, je mets la suite de l'exercice sur une autre page...
Merci pour la correction
Merci à Maxwell

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de ouvea, postée le 13-07-2016 à 13:02:10 (S | E)
Here4u, voici la suite de mon exercice, je n'ai pas réussi à tout mettre sur la même page
Prêt à être corrigé.

III) Fill in the blanks with one or several suitable word(s): (In some cases, you have no choice, but in many others, you do… : I love Freedom and Imagination! )(Please write your words in green) Good luck!
I thought it was going to be the best match I had ever watched. The umpire was seated on his umpire's chair (=2words) and because(=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking forward to watching the players fight. And ------ they got...
First, I couldn’t believe my eyes… One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought -a zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that ------- Wimbledon insisted on their usual outfits(2w)tradition, Paris had decided to ----------- the ------------- of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white outfits from head to footwear--------------- (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize -------------” for the players. Some people say it was asked “not to ridicule, but to notice”… and it did…
At half a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” uniform whereas a few(=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the ---------: following the ------- to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed as his usual full ------ outfit, from head to footwear, including head and wrist band. Nole didn’t give up his favourite red ----------------(=2 w) although it didn’t really ------- the red of the -------!
You have to be original, don't you(2) you?

I do need vocabulary even in French.

Thank you Here4u for the correction.

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de icare29, postée le 14-07-2016 à 12:20:07 (S | E)
Hello Here4u , and hardworkers, here is my work OK FOR CORRECTION

Translate into English:
How do we explain this enthusiasm for the sport, football in particular , that inflames the country once every four years ?

2. Le monde s'arrête, ou semble s'arrêter ? Les média oublient, ou du moins occultent, pour un temps, les catastrophes naturelles ou les horreurs humaines qui meurtrissent tant de vies ?
The world goes to stop or seems to stop .Media is forgetting , or at least overshadowing , for a little while, natural disasters or human horrors which bruise so many lives

3. Certains, je devrais dire beaucoup, disent que le football est une drogue pour les populations, un genre d'anti-dépresseur qui permet un moment d'oublier que la vie est dure ?
Il semble que beaucoup d'entre-nous ont envie de se sentir membres d'une grande famille heureuse
Some people , I should say a lot of people , say that football was a drug for population , a kind of anti-anxiety which afforded to forget for a short time the hardness of life .
It seems that many of us fell like being as a member of a big happy family.

4. Pouvons-nous vraiment dire que les Britanniques sont sortis de l'EU alors qu'à vrai dire, ils n'y sont jamais vraiment entrés ?
Can do say that Britsh people really left the EU ,while to tell you the truth ,they really never entered it

I couldn't call you some time ago because I had forgotten to charge my mobile phone after using it the whole day. I am indebted as you had already warned me that my battery couldn't run on the all day long at this high power level

M2) En avance de phase, je vous communique les premiers résultats : cette semaine, le ventes sont en baisse de 3% par rapport à la semaine précédente, pour un atterrissage mensuel à 53K, soit 6% en deçà du budget.
First of all and before everything else , I am going to give you the first results : ,In comparison with the results of the last week , sales have decreased by three per cent and the monthly results have unfortunately ended at 53K ,that means 6 per cent below the previsional budget.

For the fun, I can't help figuring out a little suite of that Maxwell's sentence
It no use telling you that I am angry with you about these very bad results and I ask you into improving it. If you do not ,I won't hesitate to lay you off .I know you find it hard to work during summer time while your boyfriends are taking a sunbath on the beach , Yet , I want your best from you . May the force be with you and now go to work !

Certains étaient garçons de ferme , d'autres bûcherons ou bien pêcheurs , mais tous venaient de toute la contrée , de petits villages du littoral perdus dans la brume , de fermes laitières entourées de prairies humides ou encore de hameaux enfumés par le brûlage du bois .Leur force physique était un atout considérable mais l'art de bien ramer est un art aussi important que de déployer la force musculaire , et réfléchir intelligemment est aussi important que d'utiliser la force physique . Il y avait mille et une petites choses qui devaient être apprises , maîtrisées ,pour mettre précisement à profit la meilleure façon de propulser un canoé en bois de cédre large de vingt -quatre pouces, transportant trois- quarts de tonne d'os et de chairs humaines , fendant l'eau avec une toute apparente facilité de vitesse et de grâce .

Thank you very much for this good exercise
Sorry I am too busy at the moment for doing the third exercise

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de ronald1955, postée le 14-07-2016 à 14:32:41 (S | E)

Hello Here4uIt's OK for me - You can correct it whenever you like

-How to explain this enthusiasm/craze for sport/for sporting activities/for sporting events, especially football, which strikes/hits the country once every four years ?

2. Le monde s’arrête, ou semble s’arrêter … Les média oublient, ou du moins occultent, pour un temps, les catastrophes naturelles ou les horreurs humaines qui meurtrissent tant de vies
-The (whole) world is coming to a stop or seems to be stopping ... The media have forgotten, or at least have overshadowed, for a while, the natural disasters or human horrors that are hurting so many lives at present ...

-Some, or should I say a lot of/many/plenty of people, say/think that football is a drug for populations/a population's drug, a type/kind of antidepressant which enables them, for a while, to forget that life is hard/tough ... It seems/appears that a lot of us feel like being as members of a big happy family ...

-Can we really say that the British have left the European Union whereas/while the fact of matter is that they have never completely entered it ?

-I couldn't call you/I wasn't able to call you a short while ago because I had forgotten to recharge my cell phone after having used it the whole day. I've wondered what I can do to make amends/I cannot apologise enough/ I'm sorry, it was unforgivable/ as you had already warned me that my battery wouldn't/couldn't last the whole day/all day long at that rate.

-Ahead/Leading/Early, I'm going to provide you with some initial results/to announce the first results to you : this week, sales have decreased by three percent compared to the previous week, with a monthly slowing down to fifty-three K??, that is to say six percent below the budget.

Their strength would be an asset, but rowing was at least as much art as brawn, and a keen intelligence was just as important as brute strength. There were a thousand and one small things that had to be learned, mastered, and brought to bear in precisely the right way to propel a twenty-four-inch-wide cedar shell, carrying a three-quarters of a ton of human flesh and bone, through the water with any semblance of speed and grace."

II) Traduisez en français:

-''Quelques-uns étaient garçons de ferme, d'autres bûcherons ou bien pêcheurs, comme leurs ancêtres, ils provenaient des brumeux villages côtiers, des humides fermes laitières et des localités forestières enfumées qui étaient disséminés dans tout l'Etat. Leur force était un atout majeur mais ramer était pour le moins autant de l'art que de la masse musculaire (en mouvement) et une intelligence vive était tout aussi importante que la force à l'état brut. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qui devaient être assimilées, maîtrisées et mises très minutieusement en application de la meilleure façon qu'il soit pour propulser une coque en cèdre de soixante et un centimètres de large, supportant les trois quarts d'une tonne de chair humaine et d'os, fendant l'eau avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce.''

I thought it was going to be the best match I had ever watched. The umpire was seated on his high chair (=2words) and in spite(=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking forward to watching the players fight. And until they got...
First, I couldn’t believe my eyes… One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought were zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that even though/although Wimbledon insisted on their dress code (2w)tradition, Paris had decided to reinstitute the fashion of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white outfits from top to toe (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize carelessness/careless mistakes” for the players. Some organizers say it was undertaken “not to hide, but to notice”… and it did…
At least a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” outfits whereas two other (=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the proposal/suggestion: following the regulations/rules to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed in his usual full -color outfit, from clothes/clothing to footwear, including head and wrist bands. Nole didn’t give up his favourite red T-shirt/tee-shirt(=2 w) although it didn’t really match/go with the red of the court !
You have to be original, don't(2) you?

UN GRAND MERCI à Here4upour ce nouvel exercice

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de mamou3, postée le 15-07-2016 à 07:40:47 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, Hello everybody !

Thank you very much for this new exercises. Even more difficult than usual, thank you Maxwell !

I. Into English

1. How to explain this enthusiasm for sport, football which strikes the country every four years ?
2. The world is stopping or seems to stop. Medias are forgetting or at least masking for a while the natural disasters or the human horros which wound so many lives.
3. Some people, I should say, a lot of people tell that football is a drug for people, a kind of antidepressant which enables, for a moment, to forget that life is hard. It looks like a large part of us wants to feel members of a big happy family.
4. Can you really say that British are out of UE whereas, to be honest, they have never come in it.
5. M.1. I couldn't call you a bit earlier because I've forgotten to recharge my laptop after using it all day long. You can fine me because you had warned me that my battery couldn't resist for the day at that pace.
6. M.2. ( I don't well know the business language ) In phase advance, I give you first results : this week sales decreased by three percent compared to the previous week, for a monthly turnover of fifty-three thousand so that's six percent below the budget.

II. en français

Certains étaient des garçons de ferme, bûcherons ou pêcheurs, des produits de villages aux côtes brumeuses, d'exploitations laitières humides et d'exploitations forestières enfumées, partout dans le pays. Leurs forces seraient un atout mais l'aviron était au moins autant un art que des muscles et une intelligence affutée était tout aussi importante que la force brute. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qui devaient être apprises, maîtrisées et amenées pour produire, de façon précise, la bonne façon de propulser une coque de cèdre de 24 pouces de large supportant trois quarts de tonne de chair humaine et d'os, fendant l'eau avec un semblant de vitesse et d'élégance.

III. Filled text
I thought it was going to be the best match I had ever watched. The referee was seated on his umpire chair and in spite of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking forward to watching the players fight. And yet they got better.
First, I couldn’t believe my eyes ! One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought were zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that like Wimbledon insisted on their dress code tradition, Paris had decided to revive the style of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white clothes from top to bottom. It was supposed to” minimize inattention” for the players. Some people say it was made “not to hide, but to notice”… and it did…
At least a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” outfit whereas two other famous ones didn’t seem to get the recommendation: following the rules to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed as his usual full coloured outfit, from polo shirt to footwear, including head and wrist bands. Nole didn’t give up his favourite red tennis shoe although it didn’t really match the red of the court!
You have to be original, don't you?

Ouf ! Not easy at all ! Good Luck for the correction !- Thank you again ! My try is ready for the correction !

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de maya92, postée le 15-07-2016 à 14:23:44 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

I - Translate into English
1 – How to explain this craze for sport, the soccer, that hits the country once every four years ?
2 – The word is coming to a standstill or seems to.. For a while, the media forget or at least hide the natural disasters or the human horrors that ravage so many lives
3 – Some, or should I say many, say that football is a drug for people, a kind of antidepressant that allows for a while to forget life is hard.. It seems that many of us feel like being part of a large happy family
4 – Can we really say that the British have left UE when actually they have never entered it ?
M1 – I’ve not been able to call you just now because I forgot to reload my mobile after having used it all day long. I am fined since you warned me my battery would not last the whole day at that rate
M2 –Thank you Maxwell but far too specialized for me...

II – Translate into French :
A few were farm boys, or lumberjacks or fishermen, the products of foggy coastal villages, damp dairy farms, and smoky lumber towns all over the state. Their strength would be an asset, but rowing was at least as important as brute strength. There were a thousand and one small things that had to be learned, mastered and brought to bear in precisely the right way to propel a twenty-four-inch-wide cedar shell, carrying three-quarters of aa ton of human flesh and bone, through the water with any semblance of speed and grace.
Quelques uns d’entre eux étaient des garçons de ferme, des bûcherons ou des pêcheurs, venus de tout l’Etat, de villages côtiers brumeux, de fermes laitières humides et de petites villes forestières enfumées.
Leur force serait surement un atout mais ramer relevait autant de l’art que de la force et une vive intelligence semblait aussi importante qu’une force brute. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qu’il fallait apprendre, maitriser et appliquer exactement comme il faut pour propulser sur l’eau et avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce, une coque de cèdre de vingt-quatre pouces de large, transportant trois-quarts de tonne de chair et d’os humains.

III
I thought it was going to be the best match I had ever watched. The umpire was seated on his umpire chair and in spite of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking forward to encourage the players fight. And on they got…
First, I couldn’t believe my eyes. One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought a sort of zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that though Wimbledon insisted on their tennis whites tradition, Paris had decided to rediscover the tradition of the 40s-50s , and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white outfits from head to toe. It was supposed to minimize displays for the players. Some people say it was intended not to but to notice and it did…
At least a dozen players were wearing the chosen ‘discrete’ dress-code whereas two or three famous ones didn’t seem to get the point following the trend to ‘French elegance’ : Nadal was dressed in his usual full Nike outfit from cap to footwear, including head and wrist bands. Nole didn’t give up his favourite red tee shirt although it didn’t really fit the red of the court. You have to be original, haven’t you ?

Phew ! Was that an holiday work or a kind of torture... No inspiration for the last part...Be lenient please ..

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de chrys, postée le 15-07-2016 à 19:59:30 (S | E)
Hello here4u !!! Hello everybody !
I'm back
I hope you will be indulgent, I haven't practice translation for a long time even if I have practised English differently even though. And I'm very lucky as I return to your exercises for one which is not easy at all.
Here is my try ...

1. How to explain this enthusiasm for the sport, the football, which hits the country one every four years ?
2.The world stops or seems to stop ... Medias forget, at least eclipse, for a while, natural disasters or human horrors which hurt so many lives.
3. Some, I should say many, say that football is a drug for populations, a kind of antidepressant which allows to forget for a moment that life is hard ... It seems that a lot of us want to feel members of a big happy family ...
4. Can we really say that the British have gone out of the European Union while, to be honest, they've never really entered it.
5. ( a lot, Maxwell !!!! )
M1) I could not call you a bit earlier because I have forgotten to recharge my mobile after using it all the day. I am penalized because you had already warmed me that the battery would not resist all the day at that rate.
M2) Ahead of phase, I communicate to you the first results : this week, sales are decreasing of three per cent compared to the previous week, for a come-down at fifty-three thousand by the month, so that six per cent below the budget.

"Quelques uns étaient fermiers ou bûcherons ou pêcheurs, les produits de brumeux villages côtiers , d'exploitations laitières humides et de villes enfumées encombrées dans tout l'état. Leur force aurait pu être un atout, mais l'aviron était au moins autant un art que les muscles, une solide intelligence était tout simplement aussi importante que la force bestiale. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qui devaient être apprises, maîtrisées et appliquées précisément de la bonne manière pour propulser une coque en cèdre de 25 pouces de large, portant trois-quart de tonne de chair et d'os humains , par l'eau avec quelque apparence de vitesse et d'élégance" (I haven't really understood )

I haven't posted the the last one because it's not finished, I have a question . When you write "2 words", it's that we have the choice between two words or that we have to fill in with a compound word with two words ?

Thanks in advance for your response to help me to finish.
Have a good evening
See you soon ...

III) Fill in the blanks with one or several suitable word(s):
I thought it was going to be the best match I had ever watched. The referee was seated on his high chair (=2words) and well aware(=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking attentively to admire the players fight. And then they got...
First, I couldn’t believe my eyes One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought being zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that as Wimbledon insisted on their very old (2w)tradition, Paris had decided to change the sportswear of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white clothes from their own wardrobe (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize distractions” for the players. Some people say it was shameful“not to complain, but to notice”… and it did…
At least a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” clothes whereas a few(=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the information following the way to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed with his usual full colored outfit, from cap to footwear, including head and wrist sponges. Nole didn’t give up his favourite red tennis shoes(=2 w) although it didn’t really was the red of the ground!
You have to be original, haven't(2) you?

Finished, Here4u, you can take it

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de maxwell, postée le 15-07-2016 à 20:14:49 (S | E)
Hello Chrys
I'm glad you enjoyed my sentences
Yes, you definitely need 2 words when Here4U has written "2w"

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de chrys, postée le 15-07-2016 à 20:30:40 (S | E)
Thanks, Maxwell !!!!! I can continue

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de here4u, postée le 15-07-2016 à 22:30:57 (S | E)
Hello Chrys!
Once again, an appallingly terrible day....
I'm glad you're back Chrys ... I've missed you... Don't forget to notify when you're ready to be corrected ...
Hum .... You DID ! Sorry ....Quite a difficult day, today...

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de joe39, postée le 16-07-2016 à 13:53:01 (S | E)
Dear here4u
Here is my try, ready to be corrected.
How to explain such frenzy of enthusiasm, for the sport of football, which break out/set off once every 4 years affecting the country?
The world stops or seems to stop....the media are turning, at least for a while, a blind eye to natural disasters in progress or atrocities committed, which are distressing lot of people, hiding or delaying the news related to those events.
Sure, I should say more in merit, they say that football is like a drug for the population, a kind of anti-depressant, allowing us for a moment to forget that life is hard.....
It seems as if many of us are going to feel part of a big and happy family.
Can we really say the British have gone out of the EU/have left the EU, when, indeed, they have never been
really in?

I couldn't call you earlier because I missed to recharge my mobile after using it all day long. I'm to fine for that, because you have already warned me the battery wouldn't be fit to endure for the whole day at this rate..
Being in an advanced stage, I beg to inform you about the first results: this week the sales are going a 3% down, compared with the previous one, showing a decrease/lowering to 53K, that is 6% under budget.

Quelques-uns étaient des garçons de ferme ou bûcherons ou pêcheurs, les produits/la progéniture des brumeuses villages côtiers des humidest fermes laitières et des enfumés villes des bûcherons existant partout dans l’Etat.
Leur force devait être considéré comme une ressourse/comme un atout, mais l’aviron était au moins autant d’art que les muscles, et une vive intelligence était tout aussi importante que la force brute. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qui devaient être appris, maîtrisé, et exactement exécuté pour pousser un coquille de noix de cèdre large vingt-quatre pouces, transportant trois quarts d'une tonne de chair et d'os humains, au travers de l'eau / à silonner/à fendre l'eau avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce.

I thought it was going to be the best match I had ever------ watched. The umpire---------- was seated on his umpire chair–------------- (=2words) and –apparently untouched-----------(=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking --forward----------- to --seeing --------- the players fight. And that------ they got...
First, I couldn’t believe my -eyes-----… One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought --a------- zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that --as----- Wimbledon insisted -on----- their –deeply-rooted----------- (2w)tradition, Paris had decided to --change--------- the --rules----------- of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white --starting-------- from –that French Open------------- (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize impact------------” for the players. Some --people----- say it was --something------- “not to -wonder------------, but to notice”… and it did…
At --once----- a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” --colours---------- whereas –the most--------(=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the ---purpose------: following the -dictates------ to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed -in---his usual full --red---- outfit, from -head----- to footwear, including head and wrist --band-----. Nole didn’t give -up--- his favourite red –tennis outfit --------------(=2 w) although it didn’t really --wear----- the red of the –“morons”------!
You have to be original, -haven’t you--------(2) you?
As recommended by you, I wrote in green the words to fill in the blank, but I am not sure your system will print them accordingly.
I thank you and I hope you have a pleasant weekend, in spite of….
Joe39

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de alpiem, postée le 16-07-2016 à 17:01:48 (S | E)
Ex 82/Message in a bottle Ready now, thank you very much Here4u

How can we explain this craze for soccer, that is affecting the country once every four years?
The world is coming to a halt, or seems to...the news forget, or at the least conceal, for a while, natural
disasters or human horrors which are used to hurting so many lives...
Various people ,I should say many, are alleging that soccer is a drug for the communities, a kind of antidepressant that enables us for a time,to forget that life is tough...It looks as if plenty among us need to feel like a member of a large happy familly.
Could it really be said that the Britts have got out of the EU whereas to be honest they have never really got in.
5. Maxwell
I couldn't call on you earlier because I forgot to charge my phone after having used it all day long. It's my fault
for you had already warned me that the battery wouldn't last for the whole day at this rate.
In advance, I let you know the first results: this week ,sells 3% lower than last week, landing monthly at 53k,
that's 6% below budget.

Quelques uns étaient garçons de ferme ou bûcherons ou pêcheurs, purs produits des villages brûmeux de la côte, de
fermes laitières détrempées et de villes fûmantes de l'industrie forestière, à travers tout l'état. Leur vigueur
serait un atout, mais ramer demandait tout autant d'art que de muscle, et une intelligence vive était aussi impor-
-tante qu'une force brute.Il fallait apprendre et maîtriser mille et une petites choses et mettre tout cela à pro-
-fit de façon précise en vue d'obtenir le moyen idéal de propulser une coque de noix en bois de cèdre de 60 cm
chargé de 750 kg de chair et d'os, fendant l'eau avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce.
I thought it was going to be the best match I had ever watched. The umpire was seated on his umpire-chair (=2words) and in spite (=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking forward to watching the players fight. And off they got...
First, I couldn’t believe myeyes… One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought to be zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that since Wimbledon insisted on their -------------- (2w)tradition, Paris had decided to ----------- the ------------- of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white only from head to foot (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize -------------” for the players. Some ------- say it was --------- “not to -------------, but to notice”… and it did…
At last a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” ------------ whereas two other--(=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the ---------: following the trend to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed --inhis usual full ------ outfit, from ------ to footwear, including head and wrist -------. Nole didn’t give ---- his favourite red ----------------(=2 w) although it didn’t really ------- the red of the -------!
You have to be original, don't (2) you

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-07-2016 18:23
Bug couleur réparé.
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 20-07-2016 07:08
Bug police réparé.

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de tereda, postée le 17-07-2016 à 17:06:24 (S | E)
Dear all, dear HERE4U,
It was a little difficult for me, this last exercise " Fill in the blanks with one or several suitable word(s) , INTERESTING but DIFFICULT ! I didn't know NOLE !!! but only DJOKO !! in short, please, be tolerant with my answers which are everything and anything !

1. How explain this enthusiasm for sport, for football, which takes place regularly every 4 years ?

2. Everything is stopped, or seem to be stopped.... The media forget, or at least, overshadow for some time, natural catastrophes, or awful events which hurt so many lives.

3. Certain, I must say Many, say that football is like a drug for people, a sort of anti depressant which allow people forgotten that life is difficult.... it seems that many of us would like to feel like members of a huge happy family.

4. Can we really say that (the) British are out of EU, when in fact, they are never been really in ?

5. I was not able to call you earlier, because I have forgotten to charge my mobile phone, after having used it throughout the day, I deserve a fine, for you had already warned me that my battery wouldn't last all the day at this rate.

6. In advance, I inform you of the first results : this week, sales have decreased of 3% against the last week, for a turnover of 53 K, that is 6% less of the budget.

Quelques-uns étaient des garçons de ferme, d'autres des bûcherons ou des pêcheurs, les produits des villages côtiers brumeux, des fermes laitières humides et des villes enfumées par l'exploitation du bois partout dans la région.
Leur force était un atout, mais l'aviron nécessitait au moins autant d'art que de muscles, et une vive intelligence était tout aussi importante que la force brute. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qui devaient être apprises, maîtrisées, pour être capable d'utiliser la bonne façon de propulser sur l'eau une coque de cèdre de vingt-quatre pouces de large, transportant les trois quarts d'une tonne de chair humaine et d'os, tout cela avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce.

I thought it was going to be the best match I had EVER watched. The UMPIRE was seated on his referee chair (=2words) and in spite (=2w) of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking forward to watching the players fight. And FINALLY they got IT.
First, I couldn’t believe my EYES. One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought BEING zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that SINCE Wimbledon insisted ON their TENNIS SUITS(2w)tradition, Paris had decided to DO the SAME of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white CLOTHES from head to feet - (= 3 words). It was supposed to” minimize fashion” for the players. Some ONES say it was easy “not to FOLLOW, but to notice”… and it did…
At LEAST a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” APPEARANCE whereas SOME OTHERS (=2 w)famous ones didn’t seem to get the WAY : following the FASHION to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed AS his usual full FLUO outfit, from headband to footwear, including head and wrist BAND. Nole didn’t give UP his favourite red ----------------(=2 w) although it didn’t really LIKE the red of the SERBIA (flag) ? ???
You have to be original, HAVEN't you?I think I WAS not, but I did my best..

READY TO BE CORRECTED.

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de here4u, postée le 17-07-2016 à 23:35:36 (S | E)
Hello everyone !
J'ai commencé les envois des corrections individuelles .... et la "machine" s'est encore montrée très dure avec moi ....
Pour certains, j'ai dû procéder à plusieurs envois en modifiant (ce qui me privait de smileys)
Bref, je "rame", mais pas sur la Tamise ... C'est une vraie galère .... pardonnez-moi si vous n'avez pas de couleurs ...

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de chrys, postée le 18-07-2016 à 00:37:58 (S | E)
Thanks, here4u. It's kind of you.
On my side, I had not realized that your exercises missed me until I come making that one. I just have to organize me to come regularly.
I'm impatient to read your corrections !

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de arpeggia, postée le 18-07-2016 à 10:39:11 (S | E)
hello, here4u,
Thank you so much! I am sorry, I am very busy and I don't have the time to write the 3rd exercise...
READY FOR CORRECTION.

How to explain this infatuation with sport, soccer, that strikes the country every 4 years?

The world stands still, or seems to stand still … The media forget, or at least they conceal, for a while, natural disasters or human horrors that tear so many lives.

Some, I should say ,many people say that soccer is a drug for folks, a kind of anti-depressant that allows to forget for a while that life is hard. It seems that many of us wish to feel that they are members of a large happy family.

Can we really say that the British people left the EU whereas actually they never really joined it?

M1) I just couldn’t call you because I had forgotten to charge my phone after I had used it the whole day. I must apologize since you had warned me that my battery would not last at that rate.

In advance, I provide you with the first results: this week, the sales decreased by 3% compared to the previous week, bringing the monthly result to 53,000, i.e. 6% below budget.

Certains étaient des garçons de ferme, des bûcherons ou des pêcheurs, les produits de villages côtiers brumeux, de fermes laitières humides et de villes enfumées à l’atmosphère pesante, ils venaient de tout l’état. Leur force serait un atout, mais l’aviron était au moins autant un art que des muscles, et une vive intelligence tout aussi importante que la force brute. Il y avait mille et une petites choses à apprendre, à maîtriser, à faire valoir pour trouver la juste manière de propulser une coquille de cèdre d’une largeur de vingt-quatre pouces, portant 750 kilos d’os et de chair humaine pour voguer avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce.

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de djim21, postée le 19-07-2016 à 15:57:05 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
I have liked to do these exercises, and particularly the « fill in blanks ». Thanks for this new brain-teaser.
I hope you enjoy a fine weather in spite of the markings.
Take care of you,
Best regards
Je vous envoie le document en 2 parties car je dois mal m'y prendre, et dès que je veux mettre les mots en verts dans l'exercice "fill the blanks" cela génère des caractères supplémentaires qui font que je dépasse la taille max et du coup le document est tronqué.
How explain this passion about sport, football, which grabs the country once every four years ?

World stops, or seems to stop … Mass media forget, or at least hide, for a time, natural disasters or human horrors which hurt so many lives.

Some people, I should say many people, are telling football is drug for populations, sort of antidepressant which allows for a moment to forget how hard is life … It seems that a lot of us are wanting to feel that they belong to a happy large family.

Can we really say Britains have gone out from the EU whereas in fact, they had really never come into

I wasn’t abble to call you earlier because I had forgotten to recharge my mobile after using it all the day. I’m guilty because you have been already warning me that battery shouldn’t remain at this pace during the day.

In advance, I pass the first results on to you : this week, sales fell of 3 % compared to the last week, for a monthly come-down to 53K, that is to say 6 % below the budget.

« Quelques uns étaient fermiers ou bûcherons, ou pêcheurs, originaires de brumeux villages côtiers, d’humides exploitations laitières et de villes surpeuplées noyées de fumée, réparties à travers tout le pays.
Leur force serait un atout, du fait que ramer tenait au moins autant de l’art que de la force musculaire et une intelligence aigüe était tout aussi importante qu’une force physique. Il y avait mille et une petites choses qui devaient être apprises, maîtrisées, et engagées pour garder précisément à l’esprit la bonne façon de propulser une coque de cèdre de 24 pouces de large, transportant trois quarts de tonne de chair humaine et d’os, à travers l’eau avec une telle apparence de vitesse et de grâce. »

Hello (bis) Here4u,
La deuxième partie du document :

I thought it was going to be the best match I had never watched. The referee was seated on his high chair and was worring of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking enthusiastically to the end of the players fight. And then they got...
First, I couldn’t believe my eyes… One of them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought firstly zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that former players of Wimbledon insisted on their very amazing tradition, Paris had decided to imitate the style of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in black and white clothes from a rent agency. It was supposed to"minimize the investigation” for the players. Some observers say it was gainful “not to argue, but to notice”… and it did…
At last a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” dress whereas the more famous ones didn’t seem to get the instruction : following the style to “French elegance”: Nadal was dressed with his usual full orange outfit, from shirt to footwear, including head and wrist band. Nole didn’t give up his favourite red bath towel although it didn’t really match the red of the shoes!
You have to be original, haven’t you?

Thanks for the marking.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 19-07-2016 17:14
2e partie du texte rajoutée dans post initial.

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de here4u, postée le 19-07-2016 à 16:51:20 (S | E)
hello Djim !
You're writing" : "Je vous envoie le document en 2 parties car je dois mal m'y prendre, et dès que je veux mettre les mots en verts dans l'exercice "fill the blanks" cela génère des caractères supplémentaires qui font que je dépasse la taille max et du coup le document est tronqué." Alas ! I DO know this phenomenon... even if our Master has given me extensions... That's one of the reasons why I spend so much time posting your individual corrections ...
Thanks for posting!

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 19-07-2016 17:26
j'ai rajouté le 2e texte au 1er pour ne faire qu'un seul post Il faut surligner après.

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de here4u, postée le 19-07-2016 à 22:14:50 (S | E)
hello Lucile
Surligner après ? Tu veux dire surligner (= colorier) après avoir posté puis repris le message pour modifier etc? En modifiant, les possibilités diminuent ... et il n'y a plus de smileys "bravo" ou autres ... J'enrage depuis deux jours ... J'ai dû envoyer certaines corrections en 2 ou 3 parties ... Si tu as une autre méthode .... please...
Et encore, là, j'ai pu me connecter avec Mozilla ... (on va voir)
Bonne soirée à tous. Je continue à poster et j'espère mettre le 83 online ce soir ...

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de lucile83, postée le 19-07-2016 à 22:34:09 (S | E)
Hello here4u
Oui poster normalement,sur le forum, sans mise en forme avancée, avec smileys ou pas; ensuite modifier, ajouter du texte, et surligner ou colorier comme tu veux et toujours avec les smileys qui n'ont pas disparu puisque tu reprends la suite de ton post initial.
Rrrrrooooo !!!
Bonne soirée !

Pour les envois de corrections tu peux passer par la mise en forme avancée, et tu as des centaines de smileys à ta disposition.Je n'ai jamais essayé la longueur du texte. Je tenterai à l'occasion, dès que j'ai 2 mn

PS, je viens de faire un essai: envoyer 3 pages de Word par messagerie interne, modifier pour ajouter des smileys par la bibliothèque....ça marche

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de here4u, postée le 19-07-2016 à 23:49:54 (S | E)
Hello !
Ben, euh ... Tu dois avoir une configuration particulière comme tu es le chef ... parce que pour moi, et pour tous les autres ça ne marche pas ! (leurs couleurs conservées ou pas par Word disparaissent quelle que soit la forme -avancée ou pas- !)... Word redevient du texte brut normal ... tout est à re coloriser (c'est à dire pour l'ex III à re corriger!) .... je viens de passer 22 minutes pour faire un envoi d'un seul texte déjà corrigé ... C'est la galère absolue !
Je suis trop "on edge" pour pouvoir mettre le 83 ce soir!
Désolée ... The "Machine" got me !

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de lucile83, postée le 20-07-2016 à 07:04:48 (S | E)
Hello,
J'ai dit dans mon précédent post qu'il fallait en effet surligner après car les couleurs de Word disparaissent.

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de here4u, postée le 20-07-2016 à 23:53:12 (S | E)
Hello, dear Friends, Learners, Lovers of English…

Voici la correction d'un exercice ressenti par la plupart d'entre vous comme étant " challenging" et très difficile ... L'était-il ? Je pense que vous avez été déroutés par la nouveauté relative de l'exercice III qui m'avait, je dois l'avouer, demandé beaucoup de travail ....( et s'est révélé, en plus, être très long à transférer ... ) la prochaine fois, je vous demanderai de mettre les mots entre parenthèses, qui elles, ne disparaissent pas pendant les transferts ....
BRAVO, en tout cas, à tous ceux qui s'y sont frottés .... et MERCI de vos efforts et de votre très bon travail.

1.Comment expliquer cet engouement pour le sport, le football, qui frappe le pays une fois tous les 4 ans ?
How can we explain this craze for sports, and particularly soccer, that strikes the country once every four years ?
- engouement = passion/ infatuation/ appetite/ enthusiasm / craze (=> crazy = fou) m'a semblé bien convenir !
- “football” fait référence au “football américain”, sport très viril, limite violent. "Notre" football est « soccer ».
- that strikes /grips/graps/seizes/hits/
- une fois = once ; deux fois = twice …. Puis, c’est régulier three times, etc.
- tous les 5 mois = every 5 months. Tous les deux jours = every other day = every two days.

2. Le monde s’arrête, ou semble s’arrêter … Les média oublient, pour un temps, les catastrophes naturelles ou les horreurs humaines qui meurtrissent tant de vies …
The whole world comes to a stop or seems to… For a time the media forget the natural catastrophes and the human atrocities that are wounding so many lives…
- stops/halts/ comes to a halt/ to a stop/
- “ou semble s’arrêter” = or so to speak.
- Attention ! “the media” est déjà un pluriel (latin de “medium” et ne prend pas de « s ».

3. Certains, je devrais dire beaucoup, disent que le football est une drogue pour les populations, un genre d’anti-dépresseur qui permet d’oublier que la vie est dure … Beaucoup d’entre-nous ont envie de se sentir membres d’une grande famille heureuse …
Some people, and I should say a lot of people, say that soccer is like the drug of the people, a kind of anti depressant which enables them to forget that life is ruthless …/hard/tough/ many of us are feeling like belonging to a big, united, happy family…
- a drug for the masses/the drug of the masses/the drug of the people,
- to be able = capacité physique ou intellectuelle => donne le verbe “to enable"
- Si vous écrivez « allows », il s’agit plutôt d’une permission (to be allowed = avoir le droit.)
- ruthless impitoyable/hard/tough/
- avoir envie de = to feel like + verbe + ing
-appartenir = to belong to.

4.Pouvons-nous vraiment dire que les Britanniques sont sortis de l’EU alors qu’à vrai dire, ils n’y sont jamais vraiment rentrés ?
Can we really say that the British have left the European Union, while to be true, they had never really joined it?
- les Britanniques= the British = British people;
- l’EU = the EU (noter aussi the USA.)
- à vrai dire = to tell the truth/to be honest/ if truth be told (soutenu)
- entrer = come in(to)= enter; pour le cas présent, "join" = adhérer, convenait bien mieux.

5. Maxwell is addressing you…Thanks a lot M.! et vous avez vu qu’il n’est pas plus tendre que moi …
I couln’t call you a while ago because I have forgotten to charge up my cell (phone) after using it all day long. I’m the one to blame because you had already warned me that my battery would be dead after a whole day at that rhythm.
- appeler au téléphone = to call someone / to phone someone. Attention : call up = rendre visite.
- portable => a cell(phone) pour un téléphone; a laptop est pour un ordinateur portable.
- « après avoir utilisé », « après avoir fait » = after + verbe en ing ; l’antériorité est déjà contenue dans «after» et le temps composé n’est pas utilisé.
- toute la journée = all day long/the whole day. (Vous deviez essayer d’éviter la répétition, puisque vous aviez deux expressions disponibles! )
- “je suis à l’amende” = to be fined ; a fine = une amende; ici, cela signifiait simplement, « c’est de ma faute » …
- Tu m’avais déjà prévenu = antériorité par rapport à un passé révolu => past perfect = you had already warned me.
- une batterie déchargée » = my battery’s/ my phone’s dead
- Attention à l'orthographe de " rHythm"

M2) En avance de phase, je vous communique les premiers résultats : Cette semaine, le ventes sont en baisse de 3% par rapport à la semaine précédente, pour un atterrissage mensuel à 53K, soit 6% en deçà du budget.
Ahead of schedule, I’m giving you the first results. This week’s sales have decreased by 3% compared to the preceding week’s for a monthly closing, / monthly landing (depending on the business )of € 53,000, that is 6% below budget.
- Pour cette phrase qui était un peu du chinois pour moi, j’ai eu recours à un businessman américain et à un businessman français bilingue pour valider ce que je pensais … Ils n’étaient pas tout à fait d’accord entre eux sur « l’atterrissage » qui nous a finalement semblé un peu de « jargon commercial » dépendant du produit commercialisé.
- Attention toutefois à l’aspect "en progrès" appliqué au verbe « give » et les deux génitifs temporels ("this week's sales" ; "last week's" (= sous entendu = sales).

A few were farm boys or lumberjacks or fishermen, the products of foggy coastal villages, damp dairy farms, and smoky lumber towns all over the state.
Their strength would be an asset, but rowing was at least as much art as brawn, and a keen intelligence was just as important as brute strength. There were a thousand and one small things that had to be learned, mastered, and brought to bear in precisely the right way to propel a twenty-four-inch-wide cedar shell, carrying three-quarters of a ton of human flesh and bone, through the water with any semblance of speed and grace.

Quelques-uns étaient garçons de fermes, d’autres bûcherons ou pêcheurs, originaires des villages brumeux du littoral, de laiteries humides, et de sites enfumés d’exploitation du bois disséminés dans tout l’état.
Leur force physique était un atout, mais ramer relevait au moins autant de l’art que de la force musculaire, et une intelligence vive était aussi importante que la force brute/brutale/bestiale.
Il y avait mille et une petites choses qu’il fallait apprendre, maîtriser, et mettre en application avec précision pour propulser une coque (de noix) en cèdre d’une soixantaine de centimètres de large, transportant 750 kg d’os et de chair humaine, fendant l’eau avec un semblant de vitesse et de grâce.
Les garçons du bateau.

- farm boys = garçons de ferme/ fermiers
- « the products of » = originaires/ venant/ purs produits(l’adjectif faisait passer le nom un peu abrupt pour des hommes !) / des villages…
- de sites enfumés d’exploitation du bois/ de scieries enfumées
- disséminés/ répartis
- que des muscles/de la force musculaire
- avec/un semblant/ ce qui ressemble à de la vitesse et de la grâce.

I thought it was going to be the best match I had (ever1) watched. The (umpire 2) was seated on his (high-chair)3 and (in spite4)of the terrible weather on Paris, the fans were cheering and looking (forward 5) to (watching/ seeing) the players fight. And (in 6) they got…
First, I couldn’t believe my (eyes 7)… One on them, Tsonga, was wearing what I thought (were 8) zebra pyjamas.
Later, I learnt that (while 9) Wimbledon insisted (on 10) their (all-white 11) tradition, Paris had decided to (imitate 12) the (camouflage 13) of the 1940s-1950s and chosen to ask the players to dress in Black and white (gears 14) from (head-to-toes 15). It was supposed to” minimize (distraction 16)” for the players. Some (others 17) say it was (meant 18) “not to (conceal 19), but to notice”… and it did…
At (least 20 ) a dozen players were wearing the chosen “discrete” (uniform 21) whereas (a few 22) famous ones didn’t seem to (get 23) the (memo 24): following the (nod 25) to “French elegance”, Nadal was, dressed (in 26) his usual full (teal 27) outfit, from (cap 28) to footwear, including head and wrist (bands 29 ). Nole didn’t give (up 30) his favourite red (polo-shirt 31) although it didn’t really (match 32 ) the red of the (clay 33 ).
You have to be original, (don’t 34) you? (have to = équivalent de"must" ici considéré comme un verbe...)

1 = seule possibilité = SP
2 = l’arbitre, au tennis est un “umpire”, mais l’arbitre général d’un tournoi est un « referee » (cf test N° 112982). Jamais je ne demande ce que je n’ai pas donné auparavant != SP
3 = la chaise haute de l’arbitre.
4 = SP
5 = look forward to + V + ing = attendre avec impatience = SP
6 = “in they got” = forme emphatique = ils sont entrés (sur le court!)
7 = je n’en croyais pas mes yeux = SP
8 = pyjamas = pluriel => were = SP
9 = « while » = tandis que
10 = to insist on = SP
11 = A Wimbledon, les couleurs sont interdites
12 = imiter
13 = tenue de camouflage
14 = équipement
15 = de la tête aux pieds (aux orteils)
16 = minimiser la distraction ...
17 = d'autres
18 = le but de cette tenue était de ...
19 = conceal= cacher, dissimuler
20 = at least = au moins = SP
21 = a uniform = un uniforme
22 = quelques joueurs célèbres
23 et 24 = être mis au courant, "ne pas avoir le message".
25 = to nod = faire oui de la tête ; wink = clin d'oeil convenait.
26 = to be dressed in = SP
27 = teal = bleu turquoise
28 = cap = casquette
29 = bandes de tissu absorbant
30 = to give up = abandonner = SP
31 = polo-shirt = T shirt
32 = to match = aller avec =être assorti à
33 = the clay = la terre battue de Roland Garros
34 = attention à la reprise de l'auxiliaire DO ("have" est ici un verbe... Il a besoin d'un auxiliaire pour le reprendre dans lequestion tag=> "don't you?")

Sorry! I'm exhausted although on holiday! (et au moment d'envoyer, ma connexion au hotspot était réinitialisée .... c'est à dire que j'ai failli tout perdre ... See you !
Ce matin, problème mais j'ai relu de mon mieux.
Merci à tous de votre participation empressée, enthousiaste et compétente ainsi que de tous les mps et gentils mots reçus. YOU'RE GREAT!

Réponse : Ex 82/Message in a bottle de here4u, postée le 22-07-2016 à 06:19:45 (S | E)
Hello!
Attention! Malgré toute la bonne volonté du monde, je n'ai pas pu, pour le moment, transférer les derniers devoirs reçus et corrigés. J'envoie on a "first-come-first-served basis" qui me semble juste ...
J'attends des conditions techniques plus favorables pour faire ces envois. Merci de travailler avec le corrigé collectif en attendant...

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. NE PAS COPIER | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'italien 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.