Recommandés :

- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Ex 89/Let's never give up

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Ex 89/Let's never give up
Message de here4u posté le 17-09-2016 à 13:51:53 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dearest friends ! (and future new workers )

Voici le petit suivant … La correction du 88 sera en ligne demain soir tard (du moins, je l’espère car elle n’est pas terminée dans sa « présentation technique » et la technologie a l’air de vouloir s'en prendre à mon acharnement à tenir tous mes délais … Je HAIS l’informatique dans ces cas là …)
Bon, je tiens ma promesse … Ce test est moins long et plein de points délicats, (mais pas des pièges) ! J’arrive avec « mes gros sabots » et vous m’entendrez arriver … En revanche, Maxwell … est dur avec vous … (j’ai sélectionné une phrase « facile » et l’autre plus technique parmi celles qui restent …) il n’a pas fini de vous torturer !
maxwell !
Pas de problème. Ce test est bien un et la correction sera en ligne le Jeudi 29 septembre.(un peu plus de temps … car j’avais été obligée d’anticiper un peu ce 88 à cause de la semaine infernale qui s’annonce … Pardonnez-moi !)
Je vous remercie infiniment pour vos messages adorables de gentillesse. Formidable de pouvoir s’encourager mutuellement à faire vivre notre passion commune presque au quotidien !
Courage, donc ! et bien sûr, THE FORCE WILL BE WITH YOU … (AND WITH ME TOO)!

I) Translate into English:
1) Tu dis ?! Que je t’achète cette voiture pour aller au travail ? C’est totalement hors de question ! Tu as vraiment des goûts de luxe … Je vais te faire passer cette habitude exécrable ... et répète le bien à tes frères et sœurs : vous prendrez les transports en commun !

2) Reprendre le travail et un rythme soutenu après des vacances nécessaires est d’autant plus difficile qu’il fait toujours aussi beau et chaud et que la plupart des bronzés autour de nous vont au travail à reculons !

3) L’enquêteur ne peut fournir aucune preuve de ces fausses affirmations. Ce dossier ne tiendrait pas au tribunal et tu le sais bien … Alors, assez de ces accusations ridicules !

Maxwell 4) Il y a une divergence de chiffres avec le contrôle de gestion. Ce qui m'a mis la puce à l'oreille, c'est la forte baisse des volumes de résiliations par rapport au mois précédent. Pour quand pouvez-vous me mettre tout ça au clair ? (and I say: good luck! Naughty Maxwell! )

Maxwell 5) L'année dernière, ils ont fait le tour du monde en 80 jours à bord d'un voilier de 30 mètres de long en compagnie d'amis avec lesquels ils avaient sympathisé un an plus tôt. Ce fut la croisière de leur vie, celle dont ils avaient toujours rêvé.

II) Translate into French:
“There was a moment of silence, and he knew his caller didn’t want to talk in the street. He nodded and invited him into the house, his fingers fumbling with the front door key. He could feel the man watching him and it made him nervous and clumsy in his movements. The offer of a cup of tea was accepted and as he stood in the kitchen getting things ready, he could sense the contents of his living-room explored. He tried to hurry, but the kettle seemed to take a long time to boil.”
“How’s your family doing, John?” he asked, unsure of how many children his visitor now had.
“Not too bad, thanks.” And what about William? What’s he doing with himself now?”
He held his cup carefully to his lips and searched for the right words.
David Park, The Healing, 1992.

III) Please, help my dear student correct his mistakes … He needs you!
I don’t know really why I’m doing all this mistakes. I’m work just now and working most and the most, but I had less right anwers that in the begining of the lesson and I am quiet desesperate. Me Mom sayed I don’t know my lessons, but I’m not agree with her. I’m thinking I do. My Mom and me want that I succeed at my test, on all because it’s an important. I want to prove me than I must succeed if I learnt most.

Bon courage ! Don't forget THE FORCE ...

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-09-2016 14:25

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de maxwell, postée le 18-09-2016 à 12:46:04 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U
Once again, I can't wait for your correction : I know I'm gonna learn many useful idiomatic expressions and I wanna thank you warmly for that !
1) Tu dis ?! Que je t’achète cette voiture pour aller au travail ? C’est totalement hors de question ! Tu as vraiment des goûts de luxe … Je vais te faire passer cette habitude exécrable ... et répète le bien à tes frères et sœurs : vous prendrez les transports en commun !
What are you saying ?! That I should buy you this car to go to work ? No way ! You do have expensive tastes... I'm gonna get you out of this despicable habit ... and do tell it to your brothers and sisters : you'll take the public transport !

2) Reprendre le travail et un rythme soutenu après des vacances nécessaires est d’autant plus difficile qu’il fait toujours aussi beau et chaud et que la plupart des bronzés autour de nous vont au travail à reculons !
Resuming work and a steady pace after necessary holidays is all the more difficult as it's still sunny and hot and as most tanned pepople around us are dragging themselves to work !

3) L’enquêteur ne peut fournir aucune preuve de ces fausses affirmations. Ce dossier ne tiendrait pas au tribunal et tu le sais bien … Alors, assez de ces accusations ridicules !
The investigator can provide no evidence of these false statements. This case would not stand up in court, and you do know it... So, enough of these preposterous allegations !

4) Il y a une divergence de chiffres avec le contrôle de gestion. Ce qui m'a mis la puce à l'oreille, c'est la forte baisse des volumes de résiliations par rapport au mois précédent. Pour quand pouvez-vous me mettre tout ça au clair ?
There's a discrepancy between the figures from the Business Control and yours. What gave me a hint was the sharp fall in terminations compared to the previous month. When will you be able to shed some light on all this ?

5) L'année dernière, ils ont fait le tour du monde en 80 jours à bord d'un voilier de 30 mètres de long en compagnie d'amis avec lesquels ils avaient sympathisé un an plus tôt. Ce fut la croisière de leur vie, celle dont ils avaient toujours rêvé.
Last year, they sailed around the world in eighty days, aboard a 30 meter-long sailboat along with friends they had sympathized with the year before. This was the cruise of a lifetime, the one they'd always dreamt of.

“There was a moment of silence, and he knew his caller didn’t want to talk in the street. He nodded and invited him into the house, his fingers fumbling with the front door key. He could feel the man watching him and it made him nervous and clumsy in his movements. The offer of a cup of tea was accepted and as he stood in the kitchen getting things ready, he could sense the contents of his living-room explored. He tried to hurry, but the kettle seemed to take a long time to boil.”
“How’s your family doing, John?” he asked, unsure of how many children his visitor now had.
“Not too bad, thanks.” And what about William? What’s he doing with himself now?”

Il y eut un moment de silence, et il savait que son interlocuteur ne voulait pas converser dans la rue. Il fit un signe de tête et l'invita dans sa maison, les doigts maniant gauchement la clé de la porte d'entrée.Il sentit que l'homme le regardait et cela le rendait nerveux et maladroit dans ses mouvements. L'offre d'une tasse de thé fut acceptée et comme il se trouvait dans la cuisine à tout préparer, il eut la sensation que le contenu de son salon était examiné. Il esseya de se dépêcher mais il semblait que la bouilloire prenait beaucoup de temps pour bouillir.
"Comment va la famille, John ?" demanda-t-il, sans savoir exactement combien son visiteur avait d'enfants.
"Pas trop mal, merci. Et William ? Qu'est-ce qu'il devient ?"
Il porta soigneusement sa tasse à ses lèvres et chercha les mots justes.

I don’t know really why I’m doing all this mistakes. I’m work just now and working most and the most, but I had less right anwers that in the begining of the lesson and I am quiet desesperate. Me Mom sayed I don’t know my lessons, but I’m not agree with her. I’m thinking I do. My Mom and me want that I succeed at my test, on all because it’s an important. I want to prove me than I must succeed if I learnt most.

I [REALLY] don’t know why I’m [MAKING] all [THESE] mistakes. I’m [WORKING] [RIGHT] now and working [MORE] and [MORE], but I ['M HAVING] [FEWER] [CORRECT] [ANSWERS] [THAN] [AT] the [BEGINNING] of the lesson and I am [QUITE] [DESPERATE]. [MY] [MUM] [SAYS] I don't know my lessons, but I [DON'T] agree with her. I [THINK] I do. My [MUM] and [I] want [ME TO] [PASS] my test, [ABOVE] all because it’s [] important. I want to prove [TO MYSELF] [THAT] I [CAN] succeed if I [LEARN] [MORE].

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de djim21, postée le 20-09-2016 à 10:31:44 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Thanks to you and Maxwell for your brainstorming exercices. It’s true that feeling your vitality urge on us. Thanks for this, too.
Ready for marking
What did you said ? I do buy this car for you going to work ? It’s absolutely out of the question ! You really have luxurious tastes … I’m going make you out of that appaling way … and do repeat it to your brothers and sisters :
you’ll use public transport !

Resuming work and a rapid pace after vital holidays is as more difficult as weather is always so fine and hot and as most tanned people around us are going backwards to work !

The investigator can’t give some proof of these false assertions. This file wouldn’t make sens in the court and you do know it … So , enough of these ridiculous accusations !

Maxwell 4) Il y a une divergence de chiffres avec le contrôle de gestion. Ce qui m'a mis la puce à l'oreille, c'est la forte baisse des volumes de résiliations par rapport au mois précédent. Pour quand pouvez-vous me mettre tout ça au clair ?
There is a divergence in the figures with the management control. What tipped off to me, it’s the large drop in the volumes of terminations as compared to last month. How soon could you clarify it ?

Maxwell 5) L'année dernière, ils ont fait le tour du monde en 80 jours à bord d'un voilier de 30 mètres de long en compagnie d'amis avec lesquels ils avaient sympathisé un an plus tôt. Ce fut la croisière de leur vie, celle dont ils avaient toujours rêvé.
Last year, they sailed around the world in 80 days on board a 30 long meters boat with friends they had got on one year ago. This was the cruise of their life, the one they had always dreamt.

« Il y eut un moment de silence, et il comprit que son visiteur ne voulait pas parler dans la rue. Il hocha la tête et l’invita à entrer chez lui, ses doigts bataillant avec la clé de la porte d’entrée. Il sentait le regard de l’homme sur lui et cela le rendait nerveux et maladroit dans ses gestes. La proposition d’une tasse de thé fut acceptée et alors qu’il était dans la cuisine occupé à préparer, il pouvait deviner que le contenu de son salon était scruté. Il essayait de se dépêcher, mais la bouilloire semblait tarder à bouillir. »
« Comment va votre famille, John ? » demanda-t-il, ne sachant pas combien d’enfants avait le visiteur.
« Pas trop mal, merci. » Et William ? Que fait-il maintenant ?
Il approcha précautionneusement la tasse de thé vers ses lèvres en réfléchissant à ce qu’il allait dire.

I don’t REALLY know why I’m MAKING all THESE mistakes. I’m WORKING RIGHT now and MORE and MORE, but I HAVE FEWER right ANSWERS THAN AT the BEGINNING of the lesson and I’m QUITE DESPERATE. MY MUM SAYS I don’t know my lessons, but I DON'T agree with her. I THINK I do. My MUM and I want ME TO PASS my test, ESPECIALLY because it’s important. I want to prove TO MYSELF THAT I CAN succeed if I LEARN MORE.

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de tereda, postée le 21-09-2016 à 11:03:54 (S | E)
HELLO all of you, hello dear HERE4U,
My homework ready to be corrected.

1. You say ? that I should buy you this car to go to work ? it's utterly out of the question ! You do have expensive tastes, I'll make you pass this disastrous habit.... and you can repeat to your siblings : you'll take public transports ! That's it.

2.Resume work with a steady pace , after a needed vacation is all the more difficult since weather is still pleasant and hot, and most of suntanned people around us, go to work ,dragging their feet.

3. The police is able to get any proof of these false claims. This inquest wouldn't be accepted at the court, and you know it well ! ... So, stop your ridiculous charges !

MAXWELL 4.
The figures diverge with those of financial control. What got me thinking is the important fall of cancellations volume, compared to the previous month. When can you give me all precisions, clearly ?

MAXWELL 5.
Last year, with friends they met and got on well with one year earlier, they went round the world in eighty days, on a yacht 30 meters long. It was the cruise of their life, the one they had always dreamt of.

Il y eut un moment de silence, et il comprit que son visiteur ne voulait pas parler dans la rue. Il lui fit un signe de tête ( il hocha la tête) et l'invita à rentrer dans la maison, ses doigts tâtonnant pour ouvrir la porte d'entrée. IL sentait le regard de l'homme posé sur lui, ça le rendait nerveux et maladroit .
L'homme accepta une tasse de thé, et comme il restait dans la cuisine, attendant que les choses soient prêtes, il sentait que cet homme observait tout ce qu'il y avait dans la salle de séjour. Il essaya de se presser, mais la bouilloire semblait mettre un temps fou à chauffer.
Comment va votre famille, John ? Il lui demanda, peu sûr du nombre d'enfants que pouvait avoir son visiteur aujourd'hui.
Pas trop mal, merci. Et comment va William ? Où en est-il aujourd'hui ?
Il porta sa tasse à ses lèvres avec attention, et chercha les mots justes.
David Park, The Healing, 1992. La guérison

III) Please, help my dear student correct his mistakes.
I don’t know really why I’m doing I MAKE all THESE mistakes. I WORK just now and WORKing more and more, but I HAVE less right FEWER GOOD answers THAN at the beginning of the lessons and I am QUITE DESPErate. My Mom sayed SAYS I don’t know my lessons, but I’m not I DON'T agree with her. I THINK I do. Mom and me, WE want that I succeed at my test, ABOVE all because it’s an important. I want to prove TO MYSELF THAT I must CAN succeed if I LEARN most. MORE.

thanks A LOT, it's always a pleasure to TRY to find THE right word !!

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de arpeggia, postée le 21-09-2016 à 11:41:44 (S | E)
Hi here4u. Thank you in advance. I FINISHED my test, albeit in a hurry...
I hope that I will not disappoint you.

What are you telling me? That I should buy that car to go to work? That’s totally out of question! You really have a taste of luxury… I will let you get over that execrable habit … and do keep telling your brothers and sisters: you will use public transportation!

Going back to work and to a sustained rhythm after a necessary vacation can be all the more difficult because the weather is still good and warm and most of the tanned people around us unwillingly creep to work.

The investigating officer cannot submit any evidence in support of these false statements. This case would not hold at court and you know it well… Thus, enough of these ridiculous accusations!

Maxwell 4) Il y a une divergence de chiffres avec le contrôle de gestion. Ce qui m'a mis la puce à l'oreille, c'est la forte baisse des volumes de résiliations par rapport au mois précédent. Pour quand pouvez-vous me mettre tout ça au clair ? (and I say: good luck! Naughty Maxwell! )
There is a discrepancy in the figures compared to the management control’s results. What actually tipped me off was the sharp decline in numbers of terminations compared to the previous month. When will you be able to clarify this please?

Last year, they navigated around the world in 80 days on board of a 30-meter sailboat in the company of friends they had met a year before. That was the cruise of their life, the one they had always been dreaming of.

Il y eut un moment de silence et il sut que son visiteur ne voulait pas parler dans la rue. Il acquiesça et l’invita à entrer dans la maison, ses doigts se débattant avec les clés de la porte d’entrée. Il sentait que l’homme l’observait, ce qui le rendait nerveux et maladroit dans ses mouvements. Il lui proposa une tasse de thé qu’il accepta et alors qu’il était en train de tout préparer dans la cuisine, il sentait que le contenu de son salon était inspecté. Il essaya de se hâter, mais la bouilloire semblait prendre beaucoup de temps pour porter l’eau à ébullition.
„Comment va ta famille, John?“ demanda t’il, ne sachant plus très bien combien d’enfants avait son visiteur.
„Pas trop mal, merci“ „ et William, qu’est-ce qu’il devient maintenant?“
Il approcha sa tasse de ses lèvres avec précaution et chercha les mots justes.

I don’t really know why I’m making all these mistakes. I’m just working now and working more and more, but I have less right answers than at the beginning of the lesson and I am quite desperate. My Mom says I don’t know my lessons, but I don’t agree with her. I think I do. My Mom and I want me to succeed at my test in all because it’s an important one. I want to prove myself than I can succeed if I learn more.

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de alpiem, postée le 21-09-2016 à 16:24:46 (S | E)
I) Translate into English: ready

1) Tu dis ?! Que je t'achète cette voiture pour aller au travail ? C'est totalement hors de question ! Tu as vraiment des goûts de luxe ? Je vais te faire passer cette habitude exécrable ... et répète le bien à tes frères et s?urs : vous prendrez les transports en commun !
What did you say? you want me to buy this car for you to go to work? It's totally out of question. You are having
pricy tastes. I'm going to force you out of that execrable habit...and tell your brothers and sisters again : you will take the public transports.

2) Reprendre le travail et un rythme soutenu après des vacances nécessaires est d'autant plus difficile qu'il fait toujours aussi beau et chaud et que la plupart des bronzés autour de nous vont au travail à reculons !
Going back to work with a sustained pace going on just after necessary holidays is all the more difficult as the
weather is still fine and hot and the most part of the sun-tanned fellows around us are forcing themselves into
going back to work.

3) L'enquêteur ne peut fournir aucune preuve de ces fausses affirmations. Ce dossier ne tiendrait pas au tribunal et tu le sais bien ? Alors, assez de ces accusations ridicules !
The investigator can't produce the least evidence of those false statements.This file will not hold water at the court
and you know it well...So, it's enough of that preposterous allegations.

Maxwell 4) Il y a une divergence de chiffres avec le contrôle de gestion. Ce qui m'a mis la puce à l'oreille, c'est la forte baisse des volumes de résiliations par rapport au mois précédent. Pour quand pouvez-vous me mettre tout ça au clair ? (and I say: good luck! kind Maxwell! )
There is a figures discrepancy with the management oversighting. What has wetted my whistel is the sharp drop in the
cancellations volume relative to the last month ones. When are you expecting to clarify all that?

Last year they sailed around the globe in eighty days with a 30m long ship along with fellows they had befriended a year earlier.
It had been the best cruse bar none in their whole life, the one they had always dreamed of.(hadded this locution for the fun!)

III) Please, help my dear student correct his mistakes ? He needs you!
I don't really know why I'm making all those mistakes. I'm working just now and working the more possible, but I have more correct answers than in the begining of the lesson and I am quite desperate. My Mom said I didn't know my lessons, but I don't agree with her. I'm thinking I do. My Mom and me want me to succeed at my tests, on the whole because it's very important. I want to prove to me that I could succeed if I learned more .

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 22-09-2016 10:37

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 23-09-2016 14:40

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de here4u, postée le 21-09-2016 à 22:31:03 (S | E)
Hello !!!
Crossing my "hellish week', I had a look at your early posts.

S'il vous plaît, merci de bien vouloir corriger les fautes NON pas en couleurs (qui disparaissent dans les transferts ...) mais EN MAJUSCULES ; Vous pouvez aussi utiliser MISTAKE (= le A barré sélectionné).
de votre aide !

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de ouvea, postée le 22-09-2016 à 07:19:39 (S | E)
Hello Here4u
Hello everybody
READY

You say?! That I buy a car for you to go to work? That's totally out of the question!
You do have luxurous tastes... I'm going to make yourself out of that execrable habit... and do repeat it to yours brothers and sisters; you'll take public transport!

Going back to work and a sustained rhythm after necessary holiday is all the more difficult as the weather is still so nice and hot, moreover most of tanned people, around us, are going backwards to work.

The investigator can't provide any evidence of those false statements.
That case could be held to court and you do know that... So, that's enough of those ridiculous accusations!

There is a divergence in figures with the management control.
What set me thinking is the sharp decline in volumes of terminations against the previous month.
For when can you clarify the situation?

Last year, they sailed around the world in 80 days on a 30-metre sailboat with friends with whom they had get on well with a year before.

Maxwell

"C'était un moment de silence, et il savait que son visiteur ne voulait pas parler dans la rue. Il acquiesça et l'invita à entrer dans la maison, ses doigts bataillaient avec la clé de la porte d'entrée.
Il pouvait sentir l'homme qui l'observait et cela le rendit nerveux et gauche dans ses mouvements.
Il accepta l'offre d'une tasse de thé et comme il était debout dans la cuisine pour préparer le nécessaire, il pouvait ressentir que tout le contenu de son salon était minutieusement examiné.
Il essaya de se presser, mais la bouilloire semblait prendre beaucoup de temps pour que l'eau bout.
"Comment va votre famille, John?" demanda-t-il hésitant, quant au nombre d'enfants que son visiteur pouvait maintenant avoir.
"Pas trop mal, merci"

"Et qu'en est-il de William? Que fait-il maintenant?"
Avec attention, il porta la tasse à ses lèvres et chercha les mots justes.

I don’t REALLY know why I’m MAKING all THESE mistakes. I’m JUST WORKING now and working MORE and MORE, but I had less right anwers THAN AT the BEGINNING of the lesson and I am QUITE DESPERATE. MY Mom SAID I DIDN'T know my lessons, but I DON'T agree with her. I THINK I DID. My Mom and I want ME TO succeed at my test, ABOVE all because it’s SO important. I want to prove TO MYSELF THAT I CAN succeed if I LEARN MORE.
Here4u

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de here4u, postée le 22-09-2016 à 08:32:16 (S | E)
Hello !

Vous êtes vraiment adorables ... à vouloir me faire plaisir en me donnant des résultatives là où je ne les mettrais pas forcément spontanément ! Merci de vos early tries which keep me busy when I might get bored or idle...

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de maya92, postée le 22-09-2016 à 16:42:22 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

I – Into English
1 – What do you say ? Me, buy you this car to go to work ? It’s totally out of question ! You really have expensive tastes.. I’ll get you of this appalling habit and do tell your brothers and sisters : you will use public transport
2 – Going back to work and to a steady pace after necessary holidays is all the more difficult since it’s still sunny and warm and since most of the tanned ones around us are dragging their feet to work !
3 –The officer cannot provide any evidence of these wrong statements. This case would not stand up in court and you know that.. So, enough with those ridiculous accusations !
4 – There is a difference between your figures and the management. What got me thinking is the strong fall in terminations in comparison with the previous month. When will sort this business out ?
5 – Last year, they sailed around the world in eighty days aboard a thirty feet high sailing boat with some friends with whom they had getting on well the previous year. That was the cruise of their life, the one they had always dreamed of

II - Into French
There was a moment of silence, and he knew his caller didn’t want to talk in the street. He nodded and invited him into the house, his fingers fumbling with the front door key. He could feel the man watching him and it made him nervous and clumsy in his movements. The offer of a cup of tea was accepted and as he stood in the kitchen getting things ready, he could sense the contents of his living-room explored. He tried to hurry, but the kettle seemed to take a long tim yo boil.
How’s your family doing, John ? he asked, unsure of how many children his visitor now had
Not too bad, thanks. And what about William ? What’s he doing with himself now
Il y eut un silence et il se rendit compte que son interlocuteur ne voulait pas parler dans la rue. Il fit un signe de tête et l’invita à entrer dans la maison, cherchant maladroitement la clé de la porte d’entrée. Il sentait que l’homme le regardait et ça le rendait nerveux et gauche. L’offre d’une tasse thé fut acceptée et, comme il le préparait dans la cuisine, il devinait que le contenu de son salon était examiné en détail. Il essaya de se dépêcher mais la bouilloire semblait mettre un temps fou à bouillir.
« Comment va la famille, John ? » demanda-t-il, pas très sûr du nombre d’enfants qu’avait son visiteur
« Pas mal, merci. Et William, que devient-il maintenant ? »
Il porta soigneusement la tasse à ses lèvres et chercha les mot justes

III –
I REALLY don’t know why I’m MAKING all THESE mistakes. I’m WORKING MORE AND MORE just now but I HAVE FEWER right answers than AT the beginning of the lesson and I am QUITE desperate. MY Mom SAYS I don’t know my lessons but I DON’T AGREE with her. I THINK I do. My Mom and I want me to PASS my test, ABOVE all because it’s important. I want to prove to MYSELF THAT I CAN succeed if I learn more.

Shorter but not easier... Thank u once more -

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de mamou3, postée le 23-09-2016 à 07:25:23 (S | E)
Hello Here4U, Hello everybody !
Thank you very much for these new exercises !

I. Into English
1. What are you saying ? I should buy this car to go to work ! It's absolutely out of question ! You really have expensive tastes...I'm going to change your detestable habits and say it again to yours brothers and sisters : You'll take public transport.
2. Returning to work and a sustained rhythm after the necessary holiday is even more difficult as the weather is still nice and hot and most tanned people around us are going to work backwards.
3.The investigator can't provide any proof of these false statements. This file doesn't make sense before the Court and you know that...So enough of those ridiculous charges !
M4 .There is a difference of figures with the management control. What set me thinking was a large decrease in volume of terminations compared to the previous month. For when can you get all of these things clear ?
M5. Last year they went around the world in eighty days aboard a 30 meter long sailing boat with people they had made friends one year before. It was their lifetime cruise, the one they had always dreamt of.

II. En français
There was a moment of silence, and he knew his caller didn't want to talk in the street. He nodded and invited him into the house, his fingers fumbling with the front door key. He could feel the man watching him and it made him nervous and clumsy in his movements. The offer of a cup of tea was accepted and as he stood in the kitchen getting things ready, he could sense the contents of his living-room explored. He tried to hurry, but the kettle seemed to take a long time to boil.?
?How's your family doing, John?? he asked, unsure of how many children his visitor now had.
?Not too bad, thanks.? And what about William? What's he doing with himself now??

Il y eut un moment de silence et il sut que son interlocuteur ne voulait pas parler en rue. Il hocha la tête et l'invita à entrer dans la maison, ses doigts tâtonnèrent avec la clé de la porte d'entrée. Il pouvait sentir le regard de l'homme sur lui et ça le rendait nerveux et maladroit dans ses mouvements. L'offre d'une tasse de thé fut acceptée et comme il se tenait dans la cuisine occupé aux préparatifs, il se rendit compte qu'on explorait le contenu de son living. Il essaya de se dépêcher mais la bouilloire semblait prendre un temps infini pour bouillir.
"Comment va votre famille John ? demanda t'il ne sachant pas combien d'enfants son visiteur avait maintenant.
"Pas trop mal, merci"
"Et William comment s'occupe t'il maintenant ?"
Il porta sa tasse à ses lèvres avec précaution et chercha les mots justes.

III. Correction
I REALLY don't know why I'm MAKING all THESE mistakes. I 'm WORKING just now and working MORE and MORE but I had FEWER right ANSWERS THAN in the BEGINNING of the lesson and I am QUITE DESPERATE. MY MUM sayed I don't know my lesson but I DON'T agree with her. I THINK I do. My MUM and I want ME TO PASS my test. ABOVE ALL because it's () important. I want to prove TO MYSELF THAT I CAN succeed if I LEARN MORE.

Thank you again HERE4U and Maxwell !! - My try is ready to be corrected

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de icare29, postée le 23-09-2016 à 23:35:40 (S | E)
hello Here4u and all hardworkers , here is my work, OK FOR CORRECTION
Here4u and maxwell
Translate into English:
1) Tu dis ?! Que je t'achète cette voiture pour aller au travail ? C'est totalement hors de question ! Tu as vraiment des goûts de luxe ? Je vais te faire passer cette habitude exécrable ... et répète le bien à tes frères et s?urs : vous prendrez les transports en commun !
What are you telling me? that I should buy this car for you to go to work, it's totally out of question. You actually have luxurious tastes .I will make you get over this very bad habit ....so keep telling that to your siblings, you will take public transports.

2) Reprendre le travail et un rythme soutenu après des vacances nécessaires est d'autant plus difficile qu'il fait toujours aussi beau et chaud et que la plupart des bronzés autour de nous vont au travail à reculons !
Going back to work and a sustained rate after vital holiday is all the more it hard as the weather is still fine and hot and as the most of sustanned people around us are reluctantly going to work.

3) L'enquêteur ne peut fournir aucune preuve de ces fausses affirmations. Ce dossier ne tiendrait pas au tribunal et tu le sais bien ? Alors, assez de ces accusations ridicules !
The questioner can't provide any evidence concerning these false assertions.This file wouldn't stand up in court and you perfectly know it .Then ,let's stop these ridiculous charges !

A gap has been found between your figures and those coming from the management control .What put me a flea in my ear is the strong reduction of terminations compared to the results of the preceding month. For when can you give me the right explanations about

Last year they sailed an eighty-days travel around the world aboard of a 30 meter- long sailboat ,in the company of friends with whom they had got on well with the preceding year .It was the best cruise of their lives , the one they had always dreamt of

?There was a moment of silence, and he knew his caller didn't want to talk in the street. He nodded and invited him into the house, his fingers fumbling with the front door key. He could feel the man watching him and it made him nervous and clumsy in his movements. The offer of a cup of tea was accepted and as he stood in the kitchen getting things ready, he could sense the contents of his living-room explored. He tried to hurry, but the kettle seemed to take a long time to boil.?
?How's your family doing, John?? he asked, unsure of how many children his visitor now had.
?Not too bad, thanks.? And what about William? What's he doing with himself now??

Il y eut un moment de silence , et il sut que son interlocuteur ne voulait pas s'exprimer dans la rue .Il lui fit signe de la tête puis l'invita à pénétrer à l'intérieur de la maison , ses doigts manipulaient à tâtons la clé de la porte d'entrée .Il pouvait sentir le regard de l'homme qui s'appesantissait sur sa personne et cela le rendait nerveux et maladroit dans ses mouvements . Il offrit une tasse de thé qui fut acceptée et comme il se tenait debout dans la cuisine , occupé à la préparation de la boisson , il prit conscience que tout ce qui existait dans le salon était observé. Il essaya de se dépêcher mais l'eau dans la bouilloire semblait mettre longtemps à bouillir ...
" Comment va votre famille , John?" demanda t-il, n'étant pas certain du nombre d'enfants de son visiteur
"Pas trop mal, merci. Et à propos de William, que fait-il maintenant?"
Il porta la tasse de thé prudemment à ses lèvres tout en cherchant les mots les plus appropriés....

III) Please, help my dear student correct his mistakes ? He needs you!
I don't REALLY know why I'm MAKING all THESE mistakes. I'm JUST WORKING now and I HAVE TO WORK MORE and MORE, UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE MORE WRONG answers THAN AT the BEGINNING of the lesson and I am QUITE DESPERATE . MY MUM SAID I DIDN'T know my LESSON, but I DIDN'T agree with her. I THOUGHT I do. My MUM and I WOULD want ME TO PASS MY EXAM, BECAUSE THIS ONE IS VERY important FOR ME . I want ME to prove TO MYSELF THAT I CAN succeed PROVIDED I LEARN MORE.

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de taiji43, postée le 24-09-2016 à 16:08:03 (S | E)
HELLO DEAR
From Torre Molinos
Just a bare minimum of your try
MY BEST THANKS TO YOU AND MAXWELL
Finished

Translate into English:
What are you saying ?! That I should buy you this car to go to work ? It is out of the question ! You do have whelthy tastes... I will make you out of this awful habit ... and do tell it to your brothers and sisters : you'll take the public transport !

Resuming work and a sustained pace after necessary holidays is all the more difficult as it's still sunny and hot and most tanned people around us are !shuffling backards to work.

The investigator can provide no evidence with these false statements. This case would not stand up to court and you do know it vuery well . So, that 's quite enough of these ridiculous allegations !

4) Il y a une divergence de chiffres avec le contrôle de gestion. Ce qui m'a mis la puce à l'oreille, c'est la forte baisse des volumes de résiliations par rapport au mois précédent. Pour quand pouvez-vous me mettre tout ça au clair ?
There's a divergence of figures with the business Control. What gave me a clue , was the intense fall of cancellations ,compared to the previous month. When will you be able to clarify all this ?

5) L'année dernière, ils ont fait le tour du monde en 80 jours à bord d'un voilier de 30 mètres de long en compagnie d'amis avec lesquels ils avaient sympathisé un an plus tôt. Ce fut la croisière de leur vie, celle dont ils avaient toujours rêvé
Last year, they sailed around the world in eighty days, aboard a 30 meter-long sailboat along, toghether with friends, they had befriended with the year before. This was the cruise of a lifetime, the one they had always dreamt about.

“There was a moment of silence, and he knew his caller didn’t want to talk in the street. He nodded and invited him into the house, his fingers fumbling with the front door key. He could feel the man watching him and it made him nervous and clumsy in his movements. The offer of a cup of tea was accepted and as he stood in the kitchen getting things ready, he could sense the contents of his living-room explored. He tried to hurry, but the kettle seemed to take a long time to boil.” “How’s your family doing, John?” he asked, unsure of how many children his visitor now had. “Not too bad, thanks.” And what about William? What’s he doing with himself now?” He held his cup carefully to his lips and searched for the right words. David Park, The Healing, 1992.

Il y eut un moment de silence, et il savait que son interlocuteur ne voulait pas discuter dans la rue. Il fit un signe de tête et l'invita à entrer dans sa maison, ses doigts maniant à tâtons la clé de la 5porte d'entrée.Il sentit que l'homme le regardait et cela le rendait nerveux et maladroit dans ses mouvements. L'offre d'une tasse de thé fut acceptée et comme il se trouvait dans la cuisine à tout préparer, il eut la sensation que le contenu de son salon était examiné. Il esseya de se dépêcher mais il semblait que la bouilloire prenait beaucoup de temps à bouillir. "Commen se porte la famille, John ?" demanda-t-il, sans savoir exactement combien son visiteur avait d'enfants à l'heure actuelle . "Pas trop mal, merci. Et William ? Qu'est-ce qu'il fait maintenant?" Il porta soigneusement sa tasse à ses lèvres et chercha les mots précis

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de here4u, postée le 27-09-2016 à 05:15:03 (S | E)
Hello,
Début des transferts ce jour ... Fingers crossed!
Il reste 3 jours avant correction collective. Courage à vous qui "planchez" (ou hésitez ?? )encore et aux timides, bien sûr !

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de joe39, postée le 27-09-2016 à 12:01:40 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
Here I am, a little bit breathless, but with my work ready to be corrected.
What do you say?! Should I buy you that car to get to work? That's wholly out of the question! You really have luxurious tastes....I'll make you give up this detestable way of thinking....and you must also repeat that to your brothers and sister: you'll use public transport!
To resume work and working at a rapid pace/fast rate, after the indispensable holydays is even more difficult/tough when the weather is still so nice and warm and most of suntanned people around us are going backwards to work.
The private detective can’t provide any proof of these false statements. You’re well aware that this file wouldn’t taken into any consideration by the court…and therefore enough of these ridiculous charges!
There is a discrepancy with the management control’s figures. What aroused me suspicions is the marked drop in rescissions compared to the previous month. By when could you bring me all this out ?
Last year, they traveled around the world in 80 days aboard a of 30 meters long sailing boat in the company of friends with whom they had befriended a year earlier. It was the cruise of their lives, they had always dreamed to go on.
Il y eut un moment de silence, et il saisit que son interlocuteur ne voulait pas parler dans la rue. il acquiesça d’un signe de tête et l’invita dans la maison, ses doigt tâtonnant avec la clé de la porte d’entrée. Il avait la sensation que l’homme le regardait et ça rendait-il nerveux et maladroit dans ses mouvements. L’offre d’une tasse de thé eut accepté et comme il fut dans la cuisine pour préparer tout le nécessaire, il s’aperçut que le contenu de sa salle de séjour était fouillé. Il essaya de se hâter, mais la bouilloire semblait prendre beaucoup de temps pour bouillir.
« Comment va ta famille, John ? « Il demanda, ne sachant pas combien d’enfants avait à présent son visiteur.
« Pas trop mal, merci » « et qu’en est William ? Que fait-il avec lui-même maintenant?
Il porta sa tasse à ses lèvres et chercha de trouver les mots les plus adaptes pour répondre.

I REALLY don’t know why I’m doing all THESE mistakes. I’m WORKING RIGHT now and I’M DEDICATING MYSELF TO DOING MORE and MORE TO REACH BETTER OUTCOMES, but I’M GUESSING FEWER CORRECT ANSWERS THAN AT the BEGINNING of the LESSONS and I am QUITE DESPERATE. MY MUM SAYS I DIDN’T STUDY/LEARN my lessons, but I’DON’T agree with her. I DO THINK I DID. My Mum and I TOO want ME TO PASS my test, ABOVE all because it’s an important ONE. I want to SHOW MYSELF that I CAN succeed if I LEARN MORE.

Thanks a lot, dear friend and have a great week.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Ex 89/Let's never give up de here4u, postée le 29-09-2016 à 23:16:53 (S | E)
Hello ! dear Friends, Lovers of English, and future workers with this group, STEP IN !
On the whole, you did a very good work, as usual. Let me congratulate you… You all deserve it.
Most of you admitted that the exercise was shorter, but you found it difficult, and it was. It’s a pleasure to see your suggestions and the wonderful work you have done. N° 90 is awaiting you already… Do not hesitate … I hope this correction, will help you;
Have fun! Show me that you’re as GREAT as I think you are!

1) Tu dis ?! Que je t’achète cette voiture pour aller au travail … C’est totalement hors de question ! Tu as vraiment des goûts de luxe … Je vais te faire passer cette habitude exécrable ... et répète le bien à tes frères et sœurs : vous prendrez les transports en commun !
You’re saying? You want me to buy this car so that you can drive to work? It’s totally out of the question! You do have expensive tastes! I’ll get you out of this hateful habit… Please, repeat it to your siblings: you will take public transports!
- What are you saying ? / What? /I beg your pardon !/
- You want me to /buy this car so that you can drive to work?/ for you to go and drive to work?
- It’s totally out of the question!/ No way! / Never/
- Là, beaucoup ont voulu me mettre une résultative, alors que spontanément, je n’en aurais pas mis …
- I’ll get you out of this ../make you break this hateful habit / despicable habit
- brothers and sisters = OK, mais il existe un mot : siblings que certains ont bien employé. Lien internet

- public transports plutôt GB/public transportations plutôt

Resuming work and a sustained pace after a necessary holiday is all the more difficult as it’s still wonderful and hot and that most of the suntanned people around us are dragging their feet to work!
- Resume (= reprendre – Faux Ami!) work and a sustained pace/rhythm/ a blistering rhythm = informel/
- d’autant plus que = all the more + adjectif long (so) as/especially as/all the adjectif court + er as / all the better as …
- As /as it’s still wonderful and hot/ the weather is still wonderful and hot /
- go back to work reluctantly (unwillingly)/ are dragging themselves to work/ are dragging their feet to work/ are going to work backwards!

The investigator can provide no proofs for these wrong assertions/statements/allegations/.This file wouldn’t make a case/ hold/ in a court of justice and you perfectly know it… Come on! Stop these stupid accusations.
- a proof=> proofs.
-"Therefore, do stop these preposterous accusations." = plus soutenu.

Maxwell 4) Il y a une divergence de chiffres avec le contrôle de gestion. Ce qui m'a mis la puce à l'oreille, c'est la forte baisse des volumes de résiliations par rapport au mois précédent. Pour quand pouvez-vous me mettre tout ça au clair ? (and I say: good luck! Naughty Maxwell!
There’s an inconsistency between these figures and our management control. What planted this idea in my head is the strong decrease of the number of cancellations compared to the preceding month. When can you get things straight ?
- une divergence = a discrepancy/ a variation/ a difference/
- me mettre la puce à l’oreille : set me thinking/ planted this idea in my head/
- résiliations = cancellations/ terminations /
- Mettre tout cela au clair = to get everything clear/ get things straight

Last year, they sailed around the world in 80 days on a 30-metre long boat with a few people they had befriended a year before. It was the cruise of a lifetime, the one they had always dreamt of…!
- voguer à la voile = to sail
- a 30-metre long = attention ! Pas de –s à metre qui appartient à un adjectif composé et reste invariable. “On a 30-metre long sail boat/ sail boat of 30 metres long/ of length”; Dans l’autre cas, “metres” est un nom qui s’accorde.
- they had got on well together/ gotten well …/ become friends a year before; to befriend someone = to become friends with someone;
- It was the cruise of a lifetime/ of their lives

Il y eut un moment de silence, et il sut que son visiteur ne voulait pas parler dehors. Il fit « oui » de la tête et l’invita à entrer dans la maison, les doigts bataillant avec les clés de la porte d’entrée. Il sentit l’homme l’observer et cela le rendit nerveux et maladroit dans ses mouvements. Le visiteur accepta une tasse de thé et alors qu’il était dans la cuisine pour la lui préparer, il sentit que l’homme examinait le contenu de son salon. Il essaya de se dépêcher, mais la bouilloire semblait tarder à chauffer.
« Comment va votre famille, John ? » demanda t-il, peu sûr du nombre d'enfants que son visiteur pouvait avoir aujourd'hui.
« Pas trop mal, merci ! » « et William, qu’est-ce qu’il fait de beau, maintenant ? »
Il approcha la tasse de ses lèvres avec précautions et chercha les mots justes.

- Attention à « to nod » (faire oui de la tête, acquiescer) qui est l’opposé de « to shake one’s head »(faire non de la tête)
- Les passifs : « was accepted » et « was explored » m’ont gênée les sujets étaient des objets inertes (tasse de thé et le salon) et en ce sens trouvaient vraiment leur place d’objets. Le français préfère la forme active dans de tels cas.

I don’t REALLY know why I’m MAKING THESE mistakes. I’m WORKING just now and I WORK MORE AND MORE, but I had FEWER right ANSWERS THAN AT the BEGINNING of the lesson and I’m QUITE DESPERATE. MY Mom SAID I don’t know my lessons, but I DON’T agree with her. I THINK I do. My Mom and me/I want me TO PASS MY TEST, ESPECIALLY because it’s an important ONE. I want to prove to MYSELF THAT I CAN succeed if I learn MORE/ I COULD succeed if I LEARNT MORE.

En général, cet exercice a été bien réussi. Vous êtes donc tous de bons correcteurs et de bons professeurs ! Bravo !
Merci pour votre travail rapide et compétent. Merci aussi pour tous vos messages après les corrections envoyées (et avant aussi !)
You’ll need courage and strength with the following exercise, and with the help of the FORCE!

PS: De gros problèmes techniques, encore ... Il reste un bug de grosseur de police ...(je sais que notre chère Lucile le réparera ...)
Pardonnez-moi s'il reste des fautes ou typos ... J'aurai du mal à relire (avec clairvoyance) avant demain soir et là, je suis épuisée ...Sorry !

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-09-2016 06:51
Bug police réparé
Merci Lucile !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. NE PAS COPIER | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'italien 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.