Recommandés :

- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Myths and heroes/aide

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Myths and heroes/aide
Message de sarilou posté le 23-04-2017 à 13:21:51 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Pouvez-vous corriger mon oral sur Mythes et Héros s'il vous plait?
Merci d'avance

Intro: I'm going to talk about myths and heroes. First of all, I would like to give a definition of both notions: for me a hero is someone who has done something incredible to defend a value or an idea. He or she is not necessarily strong or muscled but at least intelligent. A myth is a real or imaginary story that is ensued from greeco-latino legend which is made to explain the mysterious aspects of the real life and it often tells the story of a hero. Some may have factual origins, while others are completely fictional. So we can wonder who can be considered as a hero. In first place I will talk about a cartoon which represents different kinds of heroes then I would like to talk about a poem: « The hero » by Siegfried SASSOON and finally about firefighters on the eleventh September.

This document deals with the topic of what is really a hero. We can see a superhero, an athlete and a rank older person. I think the first one can be defined as a hero because he use his own powers to save others. Regarding the second one, I think he definitely is not a hero. He do that for himself and maybe his family will be proud of him but it’s not something that change the life of people. The last one has give his entire life maybe to defend his country and that is a big act of bravoure, so I considered him as a hero.

The second document is a poem which was written by Siegfried SASSOON in the First World War. It tell the story of Jack’s mother who is reading a letter given by an Officer. She has just learnt the death of her son in the war. She is in one hand at a loss, devastated, but at the same time she is proud of her son. In the second stanza the Officer appears. He lies about Jack. He said he was a “glorious boy” only for comfort his mother. She can think all her life that her son was a good soldier and he dead for a good cause. Here the officer feel satisfied because Jack’s mother is proud of her son and because he ease her pain.. But in the third and last stanza, the author gives us the version of the officer. We learn that Jack was a coward, unmanly soldier. He wanted to escape from the war.
In this poem we see that Jack was not really a hero but it also dehumanized Jack. He was compared with an animal sent to the slaughter and then reduced to “small bits”. It denounces the horror of the war; this poem is a pacifist, an anti-war poem.

The third and last document I have chosen is a listening which handle the topic of firefighters on the eleventh September two thousand and one. They gave their lives to save people during the terrorist attacks. We heard the sister of one of the firefighters who died into the incendiary. She fear of the unknown, she was heartbroken. She said all was blurry.
This kind of person can also be considered as a big hero. It didn’t bother them to died for others and that is another kind of bravoure.

To conclude we can say that it has not a perfect hero but different kind. It can be an old/young person, strong/weak in brief he or she must do something out of the ordinary to save or defend something like graded and soldiers.
Thank you for your listening.

Merci d'avoir pris le temps de lire.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 23-04-2017 14:16

Réponse : Myths and heroes/aide de laure95, postée le 23-04-2017 à 16:23:45 (S | E)
Bonjour,
Intro: greeco-latino: ?
- it often tells the story of a hero: une personne raconte une histoire, pas une légende.
- what is really a hero: ordre des mots.
- a rank older person: ?
- he use: faute de conjugaison.
- he definitely is not: ordre des mots.
- He do: faute de conjugaison.
- something that change: faute de conjugaison.
- The last one has give: mal conjugué.
- so I considered (mettre au présent) him as a hero.

- in (pas la bonne préposition)the First World War.
- It tell the story: même remarque que plus haut + conjugaison.
-in the war: mal dit.
-- in one hand: mal construit.
- for (pas la bonne préposition)comfort his mother.
- She can think all her life: mal dit.
- he dead: mal dit.
- Here the officer feel (faute de conjugaison)satisfied
- because he ease her pain: même remarque.
- (article)unmanly soldier.
- it also dehumanized (mettre au présent)Jack.

- listening which handle: faute de conjugaison.
- the topic of firefighters on the eleventh (of)September two thousand and one.
- She fear (passé)of the unknown
- to died: to + infinitif.

- it has not a perfect hero but different kind: ?
- graded: ?,

Réponse : Myths and heroes/aide de sarilou, postée le 23-04-2017 à 17:54:42 (S | E)
Bonjour,
Merci beaucoup pour votre première correction. Est-ce mieux ainsi?

Intro: I'm going to talk about myths and heroes. First of all, I would like to give a definition of both notions: for me a hero is someone who has done something incredible to defend a value or an idea. He or she is not necessarily strong or muscled but at least intelligent. A myth is a real or imaginary story that is ensued from Greek and Latin legend which is made to explain the mysterious aspects of the real life and it often deals the story of a hero. Some may have factual origins, while others are completely fictional. So we can wonder who can be considered as a hero. In first place I will talk about a cartoon which represents different kinds of heroes then I would like to talk about a poem: « The hero » by Siegfried SASSOON and finally about firefighters on the eleventh September.

This document deals with the topic of what really is a hero. We can see a superhero, an athlete and a senior. I think the first one can be defined as a hero because he uses his own powers to save others. Regarding the second one, I think he is definitely not a hero. He does that for himself and maybe his family will be proud of him but it’s not something that changes the life of people. The last one had given his entire life maybe to defend his country and that is a big act of bravoure, so I consider him as a hero.

The second document is a poem which was written by Siegfried SASSOON during the First World War. It gets a handle on the story of Jack’s mother who is reading a letter given by an Officer. She has just learnt the death of her son who was a soldier. She is first at a loss, devastated, but at the same time she is proud of her son. In the second stanza the Officer appears. He lies about Jack. He said he was a “glorious boy” only to comfort his mother. She lives her life knowing that her son was a good soldier and he lost him life for a good cause. Here the officer feels satisfied because Jack’s mother is proud of her son and because he eases her pain.. But in the third and last stanza, the author gives us the version of the officer. We learn that Jack was a coward, an unmanly soldier. He wanted to escape from the war.
In this poem we see that Jack was not really a hero but it also dehumanize Jack. He was compared with an animal sent to the slaughter and then reduced to “small bits”. It denounces the horror of the war; this poem is a pacifist, an anti-war poem.

The third and last document I have chosen is a listening which handles the topic of firefighters on the eleventh of September two thousand and one. They gave their lives to save people during the terrorist attacks. We heard the sister of one of the firefighters who died into the incendiary. She feared of the unknown, she was heartbroken. She said all was blurry.
This kind of person can also be considered as a big hero. It didn’t bother them to die for others and that is another kind of bravoure.

To conclude we can say that it didn’t exist a perfect hero but there is different kind. It can be an old/young person, strong/weak in brief he or she must do something out of the ordinary to save or defend something like senior and soldiers.
Thank you for your listening.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. NE PAS COPIER | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'italien 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.