Recommandés :

- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Rack your Brains and Help/ 20

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack your Brains and Help/ 20
Message de here4u posté le 13-04-2018 à 13:27:59 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Friends,

Here is your new challenge, not particularly easy or difficult, just a "normal" as you like them.
The correction will be online on Friday, April 27th, late.

You're free to do whatever you fancy, as usual. Work well and have fun... I give you THE FORCE.

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! He still hasn't understood that punctuation can help... That makes it more difficult, for sure... Please, pardon him...
This time, he was told about the anniversary of Martin Luther King’s Dream, 50 years later. Here is what he wants to tell you about that event.

MLK50: there have been a decision taken for all the country : to think about what has happened in 1968 and doing that it never still
ocur.In april 42018 all eyes has turned to memphis tennessee to remember the tragic event that has ocured 50 years in front our nations greater piecemaker has been snatcht from we from a snipers bulet it occurred at the lorraine motel 450 mulberry street at memphis tennessee now the rent of the national civil right museum that shot ekoed through the word and in April 42018 the word reminded the evenement that ocured in aproximatively 601 pmct the national civil right museum wanted helping the word reflex not longer in the past but insted use that horific evenement to make to progress all us
MLK50: Where Do We Go From Here is the theme for the yerlong comemoration of Dr Kings assassination this was also the tittle of dr kings finale book as long as the tittle of the spitch he has delivered in august 161967 on 2018 our desire is not simply to reflex and counting a story but to connect the history to contemporary problems and try to sove them in thoses light;

II) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful sentences… All the words must be used, none should be added!
1)TOGETHER/ OF/ OF/ OUT/ THAT’S/ THE/ GETTING/ GET/ BEGINNING/ SLAVES/ WHEN/ THE/ SLAVERY/ = 13
2) TONIGHT/ AS/ LAND/ GET/PEOPLE/ WANT/ A/ KNOW/ WILL/ PROMISED/ THE/ THAT/ YOU/ WE/ I/ TO/ TO/ = 17
3) FOLLOWERS/ FOR/ AMERICANS/ HIM/ PROCLAIMING/ RACIAL/ HIS/ BEFORE/ REMEMBER/ CAPITAL/ 1963/ WE/ THOUSANDS/ THE/ HARMONY/ NATION’S/ STANDING/ HUNDREDS/ DREAM/ OF/ OF/ IN/ IN/ = 23
Je crois pouvoir écrire que ces trois mélanges ne comportent pas d'erreurs … J’y ai beaucoup travaillé … Espérons … (Fingers crossed )

III) ANOTHER TORTURE? Inspirée par Maxwell … Nous partagerons la main ! Chacun d'entre vous peut l’avoir (si vous la demandez ...) pour les exercices à venir ! Maxwell et merci à tous.

a) A partir de l'expression française suivante : « un/ une autre », trouver au moins 3 traductions anglaises différentes possibles que vous utiliserez chacune dans une phrase qui explicitera le contexte dans lequel on peut l'utiliser, l'éventuel registre de langue associé, et les nuances de sens. (Ces 3 expressions anglaises ne devront (si possible) pas être interchangeables, et chacune devrait apporter quelque chose de différent. )

b) Même chose pour « faire la tête » !(Là, c’est plus facile !)

Cherchez bien ! Bon courage … THE FORCE is with you…

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 13-04-2018 14:36

Edit: Il n'y a a priori, pas de coquilles dans le "reordering", mais un indice: ces phrases sont dites par MLK ou par ceux qui en parlent.
Chercher du côté des thèmes qui lui furent chers.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de chocolatcitron, postée le 14-04-2018 à 23:38:25 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here4u ! Thanks a lot for this great treasure hunt! It took me all of last night.

Here is my work: THIS PART IS FINISHED !

II) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful sentences… All the words must be used, none should be added!

TOGETHER/ OF/ OF/ OUT/ THAT’S/ THE/ GETTING/ GET/ BEGINNING/ SLAVES/ WHEN/ THE/ SLAVERY/ = 13
When the slaves get together, that's the beginning of getting out of slavery.

TONIGHT/ AS/ LAND/ GET/PEOPLE/ WANT/ A/ KNOW/ WILL/ PROMISED/ THE/ THAT/ YOU/ WE/ I/ TO/ TO/ = 17
I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.

FOLLOWERS/ FOR/ AMERICANS/ HIM/ PROCLAIMING/ RACIAL/ HIS/ BEFORE/ REMEMBER/ CAPITAL/ 1963/ WE/ THOUSANDS/ THE/ HARMONY/ NATION’S/ STANDING/ HUNDREDS/ DREAM/ OF/ OF/ IN/ IN/ = 23
We, Americans, remember him standing before hundreds of thousands of followers in the nation's capital in 1963, proclaiming his dream for racial harmony.

Flexibility... !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de taiji43, postée le 16-04-2018 à 18:06:16 (S | E)
HELLO, Dear HERE4U
TO BE CORRECTED
HERE IS MY CORRECTION THANK YOU HERE FOR YOUR CORRECTION

MLK50: there have been a decision taken for all the country : to think about what has happened in 1968 and doing that it never still
ocur.In april 42018 all eyes has turned to memphis tennessee to remember the tragic event that has ocured 50 years in front our nations greater piecemaker has been snatcht from we from a snipers bulet it occurred at the lorraine motel 450 mulberry street at memphis tennessee now the rent of the national civil right museum that shot ekoed through the word and in April 42018 the word reminded the evenement that ocured in aproximatively 601 pmct the national civil right museum wanted helping the word reflex not longer in the past but insted use that horific evenement to make to progress all us
MLK50: Where Do We Go From Here is the theme for the yerlong comemoration of Dr Kings assassination this was also the tittle of dr kings finale book as long as the tittle of the spitch he has delivered in august 161967 on 2018 our desire is not simply to reflex and counting a story but to connect the history to contemporary problems and try to sove them in thoses light;

MLK50: there HAS been a decision MADE for all the COUNTRIES : THINKING about what occurred in 1968 and DO that, it WILL never OCCUR AGAIN.
In APRIL 4, 2018 all eyes turned to Memphis Tennessee to remember the tragic event that OCCURRED 50 years AGO. Our NATION’S GREATEST PEACEMAKER WAS SNATCHED fromUS BY a SNIPER BULLET. IT occurred at the Lorraine motel, 450 Mulberry street IN Memphis Tennessee, now the LOCATION of the National Civil Right Museum.
That shot ECHOED ALL OVER the word and ON April 4, 2018 the word reminded the EVENT that OCCURRED at APPROXIMATIVELY 6.01PM CT .
The National Civil Right Museum wanted TO HELP the word REFLECT not longer ON the past but instead use that HORRIFIC EVENT to make PROGRESS all OF us
MLK50: Where , Do We Go From Here is the theme for the YEAR- LONG COMMEMORATION of Dr Kings’ assassination, this was also the TITLE of Dr kings’FINAL book . As WELL as the TITLE of the SPEECH, HE delivered in august 16,1967 . IN 2018, our desire is not simply to REFLECT and TELL THE HISTORY but to connect history to contemporary problems and try to SOLVE them in THESE light.

II)READY TO BE CORRECTED THANK YOU
TOGETHER/ OF/ OF/ OUT/ THAT’S/ THE/ GETTING/ GET/ BEGINNING/ SLAVES/ WHEN/ THE/ SLAVERY/ = 13

TONIGHT/ AS/ LAND/ GET/PEOPLE/ WANT/ A/ KNOW/ WILL/ PROMISED/ THE/ THAT/ YOU/ WE/ I/ TO/ TO/ = 17
I want you to know tonight that as a people, we will get to the Promised Land.

FOLLOWERS/ FOR/ AMERICANS/ HIM/ PROCLAIMING/ RACIAL/ HIS/ BEFORE/ REMEMBER/ CAPITAL/ 1963/ WE/ THOUSANDS/ THE/ HARMONY/ NATION’S/ STANDING/ HUNDREDS/ DREAM/ OF/ OF/ IN/ IN/ = 23
We remember him, in 1963, in the nation's capital, standing before hundreds of thousands of followers, proclaiming his dream for Americans racial harmony

III) ANOTHER TORTURE.

Phrase avec une autre(je ne fais qu'avec une autre)

RACK YOUR BRAIN 20 IS FINISHED
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Thank you a lot for your correction
Have a nice day

une autre fois tu feras attention de mieux photographier les détails de ce Bouddha
Another time you will pay attention to photograph better the details of this Buddha

Tu me fatigue à l'extrême, je me suis fais avoir une fois, maintenant va te vanter auprès d’une autre
You are making me tired to death, I have been had with all your stories, now go brag to another one

D’une façon ou d’une autre, je dois finir ce test avant la date limite du 25 mai, aussi vais-je arriver plus tard cet après midi, pour tondre cette pelouse qui a poussé à vue d’œil
Somehow,I have to finish this test by the required deadline of may 25;so I will arrive later this afternoonin order to mow the lawn which has grown before one’s very eyes.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de magie8, postée le 17-04-2018 à 15:04:04 (S | E)
Please, help my student! He really needs you! He still hasn't understood that punctuation can help... That makes it more difficult, for sure... Please, pardon him...
This time, he was told about the anniversary of Martin Luther King’s Dream, 50 years later. Here is what he wants to tell you about that event.

BONJOUR READY TO CORRECT

MLK:There HAD been a decision taken BY all OF COUNTRIES:To think about what happened in 1968 and DO that THIS COULD never HAPPEN AGAIN.ON April 4, 2018 all eyes TURNED to Memphis,Tennessee to remember the tragic event that ocCured 50 years AGO.Our Nation's greatEST PEACEMAKER WAS SNATCHED from US BY a SNIPER BULLET.It OCcured at the Lorraine Motel 450 Mulberry Street IN Memphis,Tennessee now the LOCATION of the National Civil RightS Museum, that shot ECHOED THROUGHOUT the World and ON April 4, 2018 the World REMEMBERED the EVENT that OCCURED AT APPROXIMATELY 6:01pm CT.The National Civil RightS Museum wanted TO HELP the WORLD to REFLECT BUT NOT LINGER ON the past , but INSTEAD use that HORRIFIC EVENT to make all OF US to progress.
MLK50:There we do we go from here ? is the theme for the YEAR-long COMMEMORATION of Dr Kings ASSASSINATION, This was also the TITLE of FINAL BOOK as WELL as the title of the SPEECH he DELIVERED on august16,1967.IN 2018 our desire is not simply to REFLECT AND RECOUNT the HISTORY but to connect the history to contemporary problems and try to SOLVE them in thEse light.

III) REORDER THE WORDS READY TO CORRECT
1)TOGETHER/OF/OF/OUT/THAT/THE/GETTING/GET/BEGINNING/SLAVES/WHEN/THE/SLAVERY/=13
When the slaves get together,that's the beginning of getting out slavery.
Quand les esclaves se réunissent ,c'est le début de la sortie de l'esclavage.

2)TONIGHT/AS/LANd/GET/PEOPLE/WANT/A/KNOW/WILL/PROMISED/THE/THAT/YOU/WE/I/TO/TO=17
I want you to know tonight, that we as a People will get to the Promised Land!
Je veux que vous sachiez ce soir que nous en tant que Peuple nous arriverons à la Terre Promise

3) FOLLOWERS/ FOR/AMERICAINS/HIM/PROCLAMING/RACIAL/HIS/BEFORE/REMEMBER/CAPITAL/1963/WE/THOUSANDS/THE/HARMONY/DREAM/OF/OF/IN/IN/NATION'S/STANDING/HUNDREDS=23
We remember him standing before hundreds of thousands of followers, proclaming his dream for Americans racial harmony in the Nation's capital in 1963.
Nous nous souvenons de lui, debout devant cent mille suiveurs, proclamant son rêve d'harmonie raciale pour les Américains dans la capitale de la Nation en 1963

Une AUTRE TORTURE FAIRE 3 PHRASES DIFFERENTES AVEC UN AUTRE OU UNE AUTRE , ET FAIRE LA TETE
1) I can't understand why I didn't success? I am going to try with a different technique
Je ne comprends pas pourquoi je ny arrive pas ? je vais essayer UNE AUTRE technique

2) This man is not trusted , he knowns nothing you'd better ask ANYONE ELSE.
Cet homme n'est pas fiable, il ne connaît rien , tu ferais mieux de demander à un autre

3)Let me give you A FURTHER instance of her bad temper.
laisse moi te donner un autre exemple de son mauvais caractère

avec faire la tête
1) Since you are here, you show me A LONG FACE, please now STOP POUTING
Depuis que tu es ici tu me fais la tête , s'il te plaît arrête de faire la tête

2) I gave in to all fancies now DON'T SULK.
J'ai fait tous tes caprices , maintenant tu ne vas pas faire la tête

3) You are so kind, I could never MAD YOU.
Tu es si gentil je ne peux pas te faire la tête.

-------------------
Modifié par magie8 le 22-04-2018 21:39

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de alpiem, postée le 21-04-2018 à 12:05:46 (S | E)
hello
Rack your Brains and Help/ 20... READY FOR CORRECTION

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you!
MLK50: there have been a decision taken for all the countries : to think about what has happened in 1968 and doing that it never still
ocur.In april 42018 all eyes has turned to memphis tennessee to remember the tragic event that had ocured 50 years in front our nations greater piecemaker has been snatcht from we from a snipers bulet it occurred at the lorraine motel 450 mulberry street at memphis tennessee now the rent of the national civil right museum that shot ekoed through the word and in April 42018 the word reminded the evenement that ocured in aproximatively 601 pmct the national civil right museum wanted helping the word reflex not longer in the past but insted use that horific evenement to make to progress all us

MLK50: A DECISION HAS BEEN TAKEN for all the countrIES: To think about what happened in 1968 and DO SO that it WILL never oCCur AGAIN. In April 4 2018 all eyes Turned to Menphis Tennessee to remember the tragic event that ocCured 50 years EARLIER IN RESPECT TO our nation's greater PEACEMAKER BEING SNATCHED FROM
US BY A SNIPER'S BULLET. It occurred at the Lorraine motel 450 Mulberry Street at Menphis Tennesee now the rent of the National Civil Rights museum. That shot had ECHOED throughOUT the worLd and in April 4 2018 the world reminDED the evenement that ocCurred apProximatively AT 6.01pmct. The National Civil Rights
Museum wanted TO HELP the WORLD reflex not longer ON the past but INSTEAD use that horific evenement FOR US ALL TO make progress.
MLK50: Where Do We Go From Here is the theme for the YEARLY comemoration of Dr King assassination WHICH was also the tittle of Dr King's FINAL book as WELL as the tittle of the SPEACH he delivered in August 16 1967 . In 2018 our desire is not simply REFLEXING and counting a story but CONNECTING history to
contemporary problems and TRYING TO SOLVE THEM in THIS light.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de tereda, postée le 23-04-2018 à 15:42:33 (S | E)
Hello everyone,
this is my try.

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you.

MLK50: there have been a decision taken for all the country : to think about what has happened in 1968 and doing that it never still ocur. In april 42018 all eyes has turned to memphis tennessee to remember the tragic event that has ocured 50 years in front our nations greater piecemaker has been snatcht from we from a snipers bulet ; it occured at the lorraine motel 450 mulberry street at memphis tennessee now the rent of the national civil right museum that shot ekoed through the word and in April 42018 the word reminded the evenement that ocured in aproximatively 601 pmct the national civil right museum wanted helping the word reflex not longer in the past but insted use that horific evenement to make to progress all us

MLK50: Decision HAD been taken in the WHOLE country : THINKING about what happened in 1968 and doing for that never occur AGAIN.
On April 4th 2018 all eyes have turned to Memphis Tennessee to remember the tragic EVENT that OCCURRED 50 years AGO in front OF OUR NATION'S peacemaker who HAS BEEN SNATCHED From US from a SNIPER'S bullet ; it OCCURRED at the Lorraine motel, 450 Mulberry street at Memphis Tennessee, now the SITE (location) of the National Civil Right Museum. That shot ECHOED through the WORLD and in APRIL 4th 2018 the world reminded the event that occurred AT APPROXIMATELY 6.01 pm ... The National Civil Right Museum wanted TO HELP the world TO REFLEX not longer to the past but INSTEAD to use that horrific event TO MAKE ALL US PROGRESS.

MLK 50: Where Do We Go From Here is the theme for the yearlong COMMEMORATION of Dr King'S assassination. This was also the TITLE of Dr King'S FINAL book as long as the title of the SPEECH he has delivered in August 16th 1967 . In 2018 our desire is not simply to reflex and (count) TELL a story but to connect the history to contemporary problems and try to SOLVE them in THIS light.

II) Can you, please, reorder the words
1)TOGETHER/ OF/ OF/ OUT/ THAT’S/ THE/ GETTING/ GET/ BEGINNING/ SLAVES/ WHEN/ THE/ SLAVERY/ = 13

Quand les esclaves se réunissent, c'est le début de la fin de l'esclavage.

2) TONIGHT/ AS/ LAND/ GET/PEOPLE/ WANT/ A/ KNOW/ WILL/ PROMISED/ THE/ THAT/ YOU/ WE/ I/ TO/ TO/ = 17

I want you to know that, tonight, we, as a people will get to the promised land.
Je veux que vous sachiez que, ce soir, nous, en tant que peuple, arriverons à la terre promise.

3) FOLLOWERS/ FOR/ AMERICANS/ HIM/ PROCLAIMING/ RACIAL/ HIS/ BEFORE/ REMEMBER/ CAPITAL/ 1963/ WE/ THOUSANDS/ THE/ HARMONY/ NATION’S/ STANDING/ HUNDREDS/ DREAM/ OF/ OF/ IN/ IN/ = 23

We see him standing before hundreds of thousands of followers in the nation's capital in 1963, proclaiming his dream for racial harmony.
Nous le voyons debout devant des centaines de milliers d'adeptes dans la capitale nationale en 1963, proclamant son rêve d'harmonie raciale.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE.

A partir de l'expression française suivante : « un/ une autre »

I know another recipe, without any butter, I can make it... if you PREFER !
Je connais une autre recette sans beurre, je peux te la faire.... si tu préfères.

Its last homework is really of a very different quality.
son dernier devoir est d'une qualité réellement meilleure.

Can I have another piece of cake, please Mum ?
Puis-je avoir un autre morceau de gâteau, s'il te plaît Maman?

Même chose pour « faire la tête »

she's pulling a face
TO SULK - To be bad-tempered - to be in the sulks

Please, stop be in a huff ! don't be grumpy !
My mother is bad-tempered, but I don't know why !
STING is always the headlining star in many countries. Etre La tête d'affiche
Ronaldo once again, headed the ball and score a goal. To head the ball faire une tête.

Finished for me, READY TO BE CORRECTED, with my thanks.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de chocolatcitron, postée le 23-04-2018 à 23:57:56 (S | E)
Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 The correction will be online on Friday, April 27th, late. FINISHED... La partie II est déjà faite ci-dessus...
Message de here4u posté le 13-04-2018 à 13:27:59 (S | E | F)
Hello my dear Here4u and Maxwell, thank you both for the new exercises !

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! He still hasn't understood that punctuation can help... That makes it more difficult, for sure... Please, pardon him...
Here is my marking:
MLK 50TH: A DECISION WAS taken for all the COUNTRIES : THINKING about what happened in 1968, and doing that, it NEVER HAS still OCCURRED.
On APRIL, 4 TH 2018, all THE eyes WERE turned to MEMPHIS TENNESSEE to remember the tragic event that OCCURRED 50 years AGO, in front OF our NATIONAL'S greater PEACEMAKER HAD been SNATCHED from US BY a SNIPER'S BULLET, it OCCURRED OUTSIDE the LORRAINE motel 450 MULBERRY STREET IN MENPHIS TENNESSEE. NOW, the rent of NATIONAL CIVIL RIGHTS MUSEUM that WAS shot EKEED OUT THOUGH the WORLD and ON APRIL 4 TH 2018 the WORLD REMEMBERED the EVENT that OCCURRED TO APPROXIMATELY AT 6.01 PM ON THE DOT. NATIONAL CIVIL RIGHTS MUSEUM wanted TO HELP the WORLD'S reflex NO longer in the past but INSTEAD USES that HORRIFIC EVENT to make US progress all .

MLK 50TH: Where Do We Go From Here is the theme for the YEAR-LONG COMMEMORATION of Dr KING'S assassination. THIS was also the TITLE of DR KING'S finale book as long as the TITLE of the SPEECH he HAD delivered in AUGUST 16 TH 1967. IN 2018, our desire is not simply A reflex and IS counting a story. BUT FOR CONNECTING history to contemporary problems and try to SOLVE them in THOSE LIGHTS.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE? Inspirée par Maxwell … Nous partagerons la main ! Chacun d'entre vous peut l’avoir (si vous la demandez ...) pour les exercices à venir ! Maxwell et merci à tous.

a) A partir de l'expression française suivante : « un/ une autre », trouver au moins 3 traductions anglaises différentes possibles que vous utiliserez chacune dans une phrase qui explicitera le contexte dans lequel on peut l'utiliser, l'éventuel registre de langue associé, et les nuances de sens. (Ces 3 expressions anglaises ne devront (si possible) pas être interchangeables, et chacune devrait apporter quelque chose de différent.)
UN AUTRE/UNE AUTRE.
I would like ANOTHER flat, more comfortable, but this one is rent to me with its garden: great!
J'aimerais un autre appartement, plus confortable, mais celui-ci est loué avec son jardin : génial !

« Stop dreaming about him, IN A DIFFERENT WAY, this guy isn't for you: he has already been married.... »
« Arrête d'en rêver, d'une façon ou d'une autre ce type n'est pas pour toi, il est déjà marié... »

Working as a plumber or as a doctor, IT'S JUST ONE WAY you will never find yourself out of a job.
Travailler comme plombier ou comme docteur, c'est un moyen comme un autre de ne pas se retrouver au chômage !

b) Même chose pour « faire la tête » !(Là, c’est plus facile !) , j'avais fait des phrases avec "faire la fête "!...
I got teased at home, at school then at work too, because I was very different : yet, I NEVER WENT INTO A SULK !
On s'est moqué de moi à la maison, à l'école puis au travail aussi, car j'étais très différente : pourtant, je n'ai jamais fait la tête !

I refused to lend him my pens and he went away BEING IN A HUFF.
J'ai refusé de lui prêter mes styllos plume, et il est parti en faisant la tête.

When she was young, she always POUTED about anything, so much that she has kept that expression on her face...
Quand elle était jeune, elle a toujours boudé pour tout, si bien qu'elle a gardé cette expression sur son visage...

Have a very sweet week!
See you soon.

-------------------
Modifié par chocolatcitron le 25-04-2018 22:37

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de joe39, postée le 24-04-2018 à 19:36:17 (S | E)
Good evening dear here4u,
Please find hereunder my work , ready to be corrected.

I) Please, help my student!
MLK50: there have been a decision taken for all the country :
to think about what has happened in 1968 and doing that it never still ocur.In april 42018 all eyes has turned to memphis Tennessee to remember the tragic event that has ocured 50 years in front our nations greater piecemaker has been snatcht from we from a snipers bulet it occurred at the lorraine motel 450 mulberry street at memphis tennessee now the rent of the
national civil right museum that shot ekoed through the word and in April 42018 the word reminded the evenement that
ocured in aproximatively 601 pmct the national civil right museum wanted helping the word reflex not longer in the
past but insted use that horific evenement to make to progress all us
MLK50: Where Do We Go From Here is the theme for the yerlong comemoration of Dr Kings assassination this was also the tittle of dr kings finale book as long as the tittle of the spitch he has delivered in august 161967 on 2018 our
desire is not simply to reflex and counting a story but to connect the history to contemporary problems and try to
sove them in thoses light;

OCCURRENCE. In APRIL4,2018, all eyes has turned to MEMPHIS, Tennessee, to remember the tragic event that
OCCURRED 50 years AGO to our NATION’S GREATEST PEACEMAKER. HE HAD BEEN STANDING ON THE BALCONY in front of HIS ROOM at the LORRAINE MOTEL, 450 MULBERRY STREET MENPHIS TENNESSEE, NOW the SEAT of The NATIONAL CIVIL RIGHT MUSEUM, WHEN HE WAS
SNATCHED from US BY a SNIPER’S BULLET.
That shot ECHOED THROUGHOUT the WORLD and, in April 4, 2018 the WORLD, reminded the EVENT that OCCURRED AT 6:01 pm CST (Central Standard Time) APPROXIMATELY.
The NATIONAL CIVIL RIGHT MUSEUM wanted helping the WORLD TO REFLECT NO longer in the past but instead MAKE use of that HORRIFIC EVENT to make BETTER all OF us.
MARTIN LUTHER KING 50th ANNIVERSARY: Where We Do Go From Here is the theme for the YEARLONG COMMEMORATION of Dr. KING’S assassination. This was also the TITLE of Dr. King’s final book, as long as the TITLE of the SPEECH he has delivered in AUGUST 16, 1967. IN 2018 our desire is not simply THAT to REFLECT ON and RELATE a story, but THAT of connect the HISTORICAL OCCURRENCE to the contemporary problems and try to SOLVE them in THOSE LIGHTS.

II) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make
meaningful sentences… All the words must be used, none
should be added!
1)TOGETHER/ OF/ OF/ OUT/ THAT’S/ THE/ GETTING/ GET/BEGINNING/ SLAVES/ WHEN/ THE/ SLAVERY/ = 13

When the slaves get together, that's the beginning of getting out of slavery

I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land.

3) FOLLOWERS/ FOR/ AMERICANS/ HIM/ PROCLAIMING/RACIAL/ HIS/ BEFORE/ REMEMBER/ CAPITAL/ 1963/ WE/THOUSANDS/ THE/ HARMONY/ NATION’S/ STANDING/ HUNDREDS/ DREAM/ OF/ OF/ IN/ IN/ = 23

We remember him, standing before hundreds of thousands of followers, proclaiming his dream for Americans racial
harmony, in the nation’s capital, in 1963.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE? Inspirée par Maxwell … Nous
partagerons la main ! Chacun d'entre vous peut l’avoir (si
vous la demandez ...) pour les exercices à venir !

a) A partir de l'expression française suivante : « un/ une
autre », trouver au moins 3 traductions anglaises différentes
possibles que vous utiliserez chacune dans une phrase qui
explicitera le contexte dans lequel on peut l'utiliser,
l'éventuel registre de langue associé, et les nuances de sens.
(Ces 3 expressions anglaises ne devront (si possible) pas
être interchangeables, et chacune devrait apporter quelque
chose de différent. )

The enduring Syria’s crisis is going to trig ANOTHER cold war.

ONE MORE earthquake in central Italy has further made worse the life conditions of thousands of inhabitants dwelling in the
areas involved, and the sequence of this phenomenon seems to be endless.

The magnificent spectacle of thousands of sails catching the wind in the Gulf, of Trieste in the Autumn's sailing regatta
"La Barcolana" can’t be compared to ANY OTHER sailing race which takes place in the Mediterranean.

b) Même chose pour « faire la tête » !(Là, c’est plus facile !)

Why my HEAD IS SPINNING? Perhaps it’s due to the lot of exercises I still have to do.

Don’t GIVE ME THE COLD SHOULDER, darling,
You know I like joking around,
And every joker is bound,
Sometime,
To be misunderstood.

The horror movie I was watching MADE MY HAIR STAND ON END.

I hope I have accomplished the whole mission with your satisfaction, despite the tortures undergone.
Thank you very much for the great exercise.
Have a nice week, dear friend.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de maxwell, postée le 26-04-2018 à 21:51:24 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U
That certainly was one not an easy one and I had to spend a lot of time on these exercises, especially : reordering the words I would really appreciate if you gave us shorter sentences
The easiest one was, by far, "un autre" to translate in three manners : a real piece of cake...

I) Please help my student :

MLK50: [T]here HAS been a decision MADE for the WHOLE country : to think about what HAD happened in 1968 and TO MAKE SURE that it WILL never OCCUR AGAIN.
ON [A]pril 4[,] 2018[,] all eyes WERE turned TOWARD [M]emphis IN [T]ennessee to remember the tragic event that HAD OCCURRED 50 years AGO in front OF US(*)[.]
[O]ur NATION'S GREATEST PEACEMAKER HAD been SNATCHED from US(*) from a SNIPER'S BULLET[.]
[I]t OCCURRED at the [L]orraine [M]otel[,] 450 [M]ulberry street IN [M]emphis[,] [T]ennessee[,] WHICH IS now the LOCATION of the [N]ational [C]ivil [R]IGHTS [M]useum.
[T]hat shot ECHOED through the WORLD and ON April 4[,] 2018[,] the WORLD HAS REMEMBERED THAT EVENT that OCCURRED AT APPROXIMATELY 6[:]01 PM[.]
[T]he [N]ational [C]ivil [R]IGHTS [M]useum wanted TO HELP the WORLD REFLECT NO longer in the past but INSTEAD use that HORRIBLE EVENT to make US(*) progress all[.]
MLK50: ["]Where Do We Go From Here["] is the theme for the YEAR-LONG COMMEMORATION of Dr KING'S assassination[.]
[T]his was also the TITLE of [D]r [K]ING'S FINAL book as WELL as the TITLE of the SPEECH he HAD delivered ON [A]ugust 16[,] 1967[.]
IN 2018[,] our desire is not simply TO REFLECT and TO RECOUNT a story but to connect [] history to contemporary problems and try to SOLVE them in ITS light[.]

(*) us et non pas United States!

II) Reorder the words :

1) THE BEGINNING OF GETTING OUT OF SLAVERY, THAT'S WHEN THE SLAVES GET TOGETHER.
2) TONIGHT, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE, AS A PEOPLE, WILL GET TO THE PROMISED LAND.
3) WE, AMERICANS, REMEMBER HIM STANDING BEFORE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF FOLLOWERS , PROCLAIMING HIS DREAM FOR RACIAL HARMONY IN THE NATION'S CAPITAL IN 1963.

III) Another torture :

III.1) Traduire un(e) autre de 3 façons différentes :

* supplémentaire (le même) : Another / Another one / One More
"GIVE ME ANOTHER ONE" "DON'T YOU THINK YOU'VE DRUNK ENOUGH FOR TODAY?" "JUST ONE MORE DRINK, AND I'LL LEAVE."

* Différent : another / Different / other
JUST SPEND TIME WITH HIM AT A DIFFERENT TIME OF THE DAY AND YOU'LL SEE ANOTHER SIDE OF HIS CHARACTER THAT WILL AMAZE YOU.

* Quelqu'un d'autre (une autre personne) : someone else
YOU'RE TAKING ME FOR SOMEONE ELSE : I DON'T KNOW WHO GEORGES KAPLAN IS. AND LAST NIGHT, I WAS SOMEWHERE ELSE. YOU MUST BE MISTAKEN.

III.2) Traduire faire la tête de 3 façons différentes :

* Bouder / Faire du boudin / Faire/tirer la gueule/tronche => rester silencieux
To sulk/ To go into a sulk / To be in a sulk / To be in the sulks / To have (a fit of) the sulks
To give someone the silent treatment
DON'T GIVE ME THE SILENT TREATMENT ONLY BECAUSE I SAID YOUR MOTHER LOOKED LIKE PEGGY... THIS IS WEIRD NOT TALKING... ALL RIGHT, KEEP SULKING, I DON'T CARE!

* Froncer les sourcils, faire la moue : montrer sa désapprobation
To pout /
To be in sullen mood / To be/look sullen / To pull a face / To scowl / To frown
I CAN READ HER FACE LIKE A BOOK : EVERY TIME I SAY SOMETHING WRONG, SHE EXHIBITS HER DISAPPROVAL PULLING A FACE, AND THEN SHE STOPS SCOWLING WHEN I CORRECT MYSELF.

* Etre de mauvaise humeur (passagère), en colère, fâché
To be in a huff / To be bad-tempered /
To be out of humour / To look cross / To be mad / To have the hump
"WHAT DID YOU SAY?! A SHRIMP?!!!" "DON'T GO OFF IN A HUFF LIKE THAT, I WAS ONLY JOKING! I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR HEIGHT!"

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de here4u, postée le 26-04-2018 à 21:53:55 (S | E)
Hello!

Vous devez tous avoir reçu vos corrections ...
Il reste un peu plus de 24h aux "last-minute workers" pour poster ...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de here4u, postée le 27-04-2018 à 23:11:02 (S | E)
Hello dear Friends!

Une fois encore, vous semblez avoir pris plaisir à corriger mon « terrible Student » , ce qui revient le plus souvent à déchiffrer une vraie énigme …
Voici les corrections. A nouveau, APPEL A VOLONTAIRES pour les traductions (que vous continuez à demander …) Un grand MERCI à eux , de notre part à tous.

I)Please, help my student! He really needs you! He still hasn't understood that punctuation can help... That makes it more difficult, for sure... Please, pardon him...

MLK50: a decision was made for the whole country: we must think about what happened in 1968 and make sure it will never happen/ occur again...
On April 4, 2018, all eyes will turn to Memphis, Tennessee to remember the tragic event that occurred 50 years ago. Our nation’s greatest peacemaker was snatched from us by a sniper’s bullet. It occurred at the Lorraine Motel, 450 Mulberry Street in Memphis, Tennessee, now, the location of the National Civil Rights Museum.
That shot echoed throughout the world, and on April 4, 2018, the world remembered the event that occurred at approximately 6:01 p.m.( CT) (Central Time). The National Civil Rights Museum wants to help the world reflect, not linger on the past, but instead use that horrific event to make us all progress.
MLK50: « Where Do We Go From Here? » is the theme for the year-long commemoration of Dr. King’s assassination. This was the title of Dr. King’s final book as well as the title of the speech he delivered on August 16, 1967. In 2018, our desire is not simply to reflect and recount the history, but to connect the history to contemporary issues and try to solve them in that light;

- Deux « chocs » pour moi … l’emploi que vous avez fait des temps … et celui des dates …
- RAPPEL : * lorsque l’action est révolue, terminée, c’est bien le PRETERITE qu’il faut employer, et non le present perfect qui exprime un lien avec le présent (résultat, ou bilan de l’action)
- * Pour les dates : devant une date complète = ON; (ON May, the first, 2018)
- Devant un jour = ON; (ON Tuesday)
- Devant un mois et devant une année = IN; (IN May/ IN 2018)
- "prendre une décision" = to make a decision
- attention à l’orthographe = to occur/ peacemaker (peace= la paix)/
- différence entre « remember » et « remind » (Test N° 106510)
Lien internet

- 6 :01 pm. (CT)= Central Time= Lien internet

- «... reflect, not linger on the past,…» Là, mon élève avait « fait fort » … Beaucoup ont « ignoré » la difficulté, et une seule d’entre vous l’a déchiffrée et corrigée … BRAVO , c’était très « méchant »… )(Essayons de ne pas « spoiler » la traduction du/ des volontaires du « follow up work… »)
- Attention aux génitifs (cas possessifs) qui sont tous « télescopés » : a snipers bullet = a sniper’s bullet./ Dr. K’s assassination etc.

1. When the slaves get together, that’s the beginning of getting out of slavery.= 13
2. I want you to know, tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land.= 17
3. We, Americans, remember him standing before hundreds of thousands of followers in the nation’s capital in 1963, proclaiming his Dream for racial harmony. = 20

Vous avez fait d’énormes progrès, cette fois … BRAVO, et presque pas de « grognements » … Vous devenez « professionnels du reordering » !! Juste un petit problème pour la 3è phrase. Vous n’avez pas vu l’apposition « We, Americans, … » si bien que vous étiez ensuite « coincés » à mettre un « s » à un adjectif ! (ou à mal construire un « cas possessif » !)

III) Another torture: Cette fois-ci, c’est Maxwell qui nous donne la correction … (= son devoir un peu allégé !) (Normal, après tout, puisque c’est lui qui a eu l’idée de cette nouvelle torture … Je me « torture » assez à chercher la meilleure solution de ses « méchantes » phrases de thème … )

1) Traduire de 3 façons différentes : « un autre/ une autre ».
* supplémentaire (le même) : Another / Another one / One More (Attention ! "an+ other" = "another" EN UN SEUL MOT, et surtout pas « an another ».)
- "Give me ANOTHER ONE" "Don’t you think you’ve drunk enough today?""Just ONE MORE drink and I’ll leave."
* Différent : another/ Different/ other
- Just spend time with him at a DIFFERENT time of the day and you’ll see ANOTHER side of his character that will amaze you.
* Quelqu'un d'autre (une autre personne) : someone else
- You’re taking me for SOMEONE ELSE: I don’t know who he is and last night, I was SOMEWHERE ELSE. You must be mistaken.

2) Traduire faire la tête de 3 façons différentes :
* Bouder / Faire du boudin / Faire / tirer la gueule/ tronche => rester silencieux = To sulk/ To go into a sulk / To be in a sulk / To be in the sulks/ To have (a fit of) the sulks= To give someone the silent treatment
- Don’t give me THE SILENT TREATMENT only because I said something bad… Not talking is weird! All right, KEEP SULKING, I don’t care!
* Froncer les sourcils, faire la moue : montrer sa désapprobation = To pout/ To be in sullen mood/ To be/look sullen/ To pull a long face/ To scowl/ To frown.
- I can read her face like a book: every time I say something wrong, she shows her disapproval, PULLING A FACE, and then, she stops SCOWLING when I correct myself.
* Etre de mauvaise humeur (passagère), en colère, fâché = To be in a huff/ To be bad-tempered//To be out of humour/ To look cross/ To be mad/ To have the hump.
- "What did you say?" "DON'T GO OFF IN A HUFF like that, I was only joking! Maxwell.

Bonne étude de correction et encore merci aux volontaires qui ne manqueront pas d'officier !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de maxwell, postée le 28-04-2018 à 09:43:31 (S | E)
hello!
Je suis volontaire pour le II)

1. When the slaves get together, that’s the beginning of getting out of slavery.
Quand les esclaves se réunissent, c'est le premier pas vers l'affranchissement

2. I want you to know, tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land.
Je veux que vous sachiez, ce soir, que nous, en tant que peuple, accéderons à la Terre Promise.

3. We, Americans, remember him standing before hundreds of thousands of followers in the nation’s capital in 1963, proclaiming his Dream for racial harmony.
Nous, Américains, nous souvenons de lui, se tenant devant des centaines de milliers de fidèles dans la capitale nationale en 1963, proclamant son rêve d'harmonie raciale.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de tereda, postée le 28-04-2018 à 11:17:09 (S | E)
hello everybody

I propose this translation

MLK 50 - Martin Luther King 50

Décision avait été prise dans tout le pays : Réfléchir à propos de ce qui s'est passé en 1968 et faire en sorte que cela ne se reproduise jamais.
Le 4 avril 2018, tous les regards se tourneront vers Memphis, Tennessee, pour se souvenir de l'événement tragique survenu il y a 50 ans. Le plus grand artisan de la paix de notre nation nous a été arraché par une balle de tireur d'élite. Cela s'est passé au Lorraine Motel, 450 Mulberry Street à Memphis, Tennessee, aujourd'hui l'emplacement du National Civil Rights Museum.

Ce coup de feu résonna dans le monde entier et, le 4 avril 2018, le monde s'est souvenu de l'événement qui s'est produit vers 18 h 01 (heure locale). Le Musée national des droits civiques veut aider le monde à réfléchir, non pas s'attarder sur le passé, mais utiliser cet horrible événement pour nous faire progresser tous.
"Qu'allons-nous faire maintenant" est le thème de la commémoration de l'assassinat du Dr King. C'était le titre du dernier livre du Dr King ainsi que le titre du discours qu'il a prononcé le 16 août 1967. En 2018, notre désir n'est pas simplement de refléchir et de raconter l'histoire, mais de relier l'histoire aux questions contemporaines et d'essayer de les résoudre dans cette optique.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de here4u, postée le 29-04-2018 à 14:41:44 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup, les volontaires !

Bravo pour cet excellent travail, tous les deux !

Rien à changer ... pratiquement. Bravo pour vos beaux efforts de traduction, fort appréciés ...
juste quelques typos :

- "...nous, ...accéderons à la Terre Promise"
- "Nous, Américains, ..." avec une majuscule, car c'est le nom de "peuple" ...
- "Cet acte - ce meurtre" est trop vague = "ce coup de feu résonna ..."
- "... not linger on the past..." = non pas à s'attarder sur le passé ...

Bravo et merci encore !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 20 de tereda, postée le 29-04-2018 à 16:20:47 (S | E)
merci à toi, HERE4U, j'ai corrigé

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice. NE PAS COPIER | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'italien 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.